Thursday, April 26, 2012

More Bright Blossoms

DSCF0404

I saw this card on Sandi MacIver’s blog and fell in love with it!  A really bright, cheerful creation!  In fact, all of Sandi’s creations are truly beautiful!  I set out to CASE it, just with a couple little changes, as I am trying to cut down on putting buttons on my cards so the postage isn’t so high!  The first one I made was for a dear friend who just lost her grandmother:

DSCF0338

I used Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo with a sentiment from Delightful Dozen.  Instead of buttons, I used the ruffled ribbon and added a little baker’s twine-tied bow.  When I cut the Summer Smooches Top Note piece in half, the other side was a cute red and white polka dot, so I made this:

DSCF0403

This one used Marina Mist, Real Red and Daffodil Delight inks; a sentiment from Short & Sweet, and some narrow grosgrain ribbon in Real Red.  Oooh, I just love this layout with these sweet bold images!  Thank you, Sandi, for such wonderful inspiration!

Uh oh, a little imp on the loose……climbing up stairs she’s not supposed to be climbing!

DSCF0384

11 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Love how you were able to utilize both sides of that pretty paper!! Guess Cassidy got busted this time -- do you carry your camera around in your pocket????

Carol Lucas said...

Such pretty cards, LeAnne! I didn't think I liked this paper, but I'm changing my mind.

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

How lucky Cassidy is to have a grandmother like you and all the love anyone could wish for.

Arielle H Gordon said...

These are gorgeous LeAnne - love the colors, so vibrant! Hey Miss Cassidy - you're looking sassy today!

Frenchie said...

Oh ms LeAnn I love this card , I will have to case this one !!!! Tfs,
Hugs frenchie,

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a cute design LeAnne - I particularly like the bright version. It's funny to think that stairs used to be such fun!

Linda Fisher said...

I love these cards. You made Sandi proud! I hope you weren't too hard on Cassidy, I'm sure she just forgot.....*smile*

Bonnie said...

I didn't order these Summer Smooches 'cause I wanted to see what else was in the catalog first. I love these bright colors though and seeing what you've done with them, I'm rethinking that decision. I really love all the cards you've done with this set and papers. What is it with stairs and little ones? They are just drawn to them.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh-oh she got caught ;) Look at the look on her face - priceless.
Beautiful cards. I love this layout and your use of the Top Note die. I like this die so much and yet have not used it for a while - thanks for the reminder. All those little flowers are so cute.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful card!! I got it yesterday and it brought such a smile to my face :) I love the colors. Big hugs & thank you so much for thinking of me.

I love Cassidy's face in this photo! She knows she's not supposed to be on those stairs! LOL! :)

None None said...

Beautiful cards, LeAnne!! Love both but particularly, the blue one!

Love the expression on Cassidy's face when she got caught on the steps. So cute!!