Friday, April 27, 2012

Pretties in Pink

DSCF0435-001

I’ve got two pretty things in pink today!  The first one is a little post-it note holder; I made this as a gift to my eye glass technician; the temple pieces of my glasses have broken THREE times!  Once about a year ago, and the last two within the month—each side!  I expressed my frustration at the eye doctor’s office, and the technician was able to get me a brand new frame!  So I used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch 32:

to make my little gift:

DSCF0428-001

I used a combination of Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Melon Mambo!  Oh, and of course, my little owl has Cherry Cobbler glasses, just like I do!!!  My tech already called me and thanked me for her gift and said she adored the red glasses!  This is also for Stampin Royalty’s challenge 121 this week, which is monochromatic!

My next project is a birthday card using the set Mouthwatering, from the spring mini.  It’s only available until April 30th, so I was trying to get one more card in before I returned it to my friend, from whom it was borrowed!  I used Pink Pirouette again, along with Crumb Cake and some glitter:

DSCF0434-001

I wish you could see how sparkly it is IRL!  And I wish I had straightened out my bow before I took my photo!  Anyway, I just love this color combo, and I love that elegant sentiment from Bring on the Cake!  Have a super day!

DSCF0436

Cassidy was fascinated by some sunlight on our kitchen floor, and was running “through” it:

DSCF0411  

DSCF0408

DSCF0409

19 comments:

Linda Fisher said...

You're owl card is just so stinkin' CUTE. It just brought huge smiles looking at it! The second card so soft and sweet, looked very yummy to me!!! Love them BOTH!

Carol Lucas said...

Such a pretty card! I'm so into pinks lately, especially pink sparkle. Sweet pictures of your granddaughter running through the sunlight!

Frenchie said...

Omg I love your pretty in pink !! And cassidy is so darn cute with that sun on the floor ! She's thinking how could that be ??? CUTE .......
Happy fri
Hugs frenchie.

Linda said...

Very very cute pictures of Cassidy. Oh the simple things that can entertain little girls!
Love the cards. Beautiful creations.
Having fun in SC!
Hugs,
Linda

Jen Timko said...

My heavens that little owl is adorable. I'm sure that card was oohed and aahed over!! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Patti J said...

Totally fun post-it holder! I'm sure the technician at the doc's office will love it! Your pink card is so soft and lovely! And that Cassidy-oh my goodness - wish we lived closer, I'd be spoiling her rotten! Hugs...

Darlene Gabriel said...

Well, I sure have missed some gorgeous creations on your blog. I'm going to try to get caught up today. I love pink and so these two beauties today have really made me smile. That owl is so cute - what a great post it note holder.
I love the colours on the 2nd card and the sparkly cherries.
It's so sweet to see Cassidy so intrigued by the sun on the floor - such simple pleasures we learn from little ones.

Jodi said...

Absolutely love both of your cards today. The owl is my very favorite stamp & punch to use, so I always love seeing new ideas with them. All the pinks are so pretty together. The cherry cobbler glasses are adorable! I really like the pink & crumb cake combo with the mouthwatering cherries. Such a pretty combination. I love that set, but have resisted since I have the button buddies cherries. I do also know someone who has the set though, so could borrow if I need to. I'm sure I will since I love the watermelon slice also. How do you use the glitter with the ink?

barb mann said...

Pretty pink cards LeAnne. The LeAnne owl is adorable. Love the cherry glasses. Nice use of so many pinks!

Anonymous said...

Adorable owl! So many kids dislike wearing glasses so your owl gave me an idea for kids too!

Lesley said...

Loving all the pink! Cute cards, and love the sun on the floor fascination! LOL! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Hugs,
Lesley

Darnell said...

Cutie-patootie cards and little girl! I LOVE LOVE the pink cherries!

Cathymac said...

I'm in a pink rut right now so your title and cards caught my attention right away, LeAnne! LOVE the adorable Owl card with glasses...how perfect for your eye technician! The cherries look very sparkly and yummy...both card delightful as is the ever adorable Cassidy!

Mary said...

That owl makes me happy every time I see it! Love your card and the little owl's bow. :o)

Carol L said...

I love these soft pink colors and gorgeous fonts on the sentiments! I smile at how simple things delight children so much! Every day is a new discovery for Cassidy :)

Linda Callahan said...

That owl is so cute! And I love the sparkly cherries! Lots of pink - love it :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Spectacles on an owl! So cute! And look at that little bow in her hair! Love it!!

Patti said...

Love the owl post it note holder. And those glasses; makes me want a pair of cherry cobbler specs.

None None said...

Loved both cards, LeAnne! The bespectacled owl was just adorable and so perfect for your optical technican (so sweet of you too!) and I love that cheery cherry card!