Wednesday, April 18, 2012

RetroSketches #7

 DSCF0335 

I had a little stamping energy this week, so I did make a birthday card for my SIL.  She works tirelessly at keeping a nice house for my brother and her family, is a great cook and a wonderful friend.  She loves country and is probably the best gardener I’ve even seen—to my dismay, because even with a farmer and a florist in my family, the gardening gene did not pass down to me!  Anyway, I used one of my favorite Crafty Secrets gardening images with this week’s Retro Sketches sketch:

And here is my gardening-themed creation:

DSCF0336

I stamped my image in Bordering Blue on a little scalloped tag and colored it with some ink and a blender pen.  I dyed some seam binding and added a little felt flower.  Here’s a little closeup:

 DSCF0337

I know the Retro Sketches designers tend to lead toward more funky, tendy, CAS designs, but I loved the sketch and put my vintage spin on it.  TFL!

DSCF0317

DSCF0319

13 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

STUNNINGLY beautiful vintage card LeAnne! The monochromatic color scheme is so soft and subtle. Thanks for joining us this week at RetroSketches!

Linda said...

Holy Shmoley - This is stunning! I love everything about it!!

Linda said...

I love your vintage spin on the sketch. Very pretty. Did the scalloped tag have the flower design on it? That looks so pretty.
Oh it looks like someone may need some sunglasses when she plays in the sand box. So cute!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh my word, LeAnne!! This card is gorgeous! Truly a jaw dropper. I gotta go back and look at it more. Your SIL is very lucky to have you as a friend and family member because you share your talent gene with them! Again, this is just amazingly gorgeous!

Lesley said...

Oh so beautiful! This card is a winner! Just amazing!

Denise Willerton said...

Stunning birthday card for your SIL ~ I love the monochromatic scheme here LeAnne!!! wow!!! Cassidy, your just tooooo cute for words ~ happing digging darling one!!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is a WOWZA for sure! So beautiful - you have a way with the blues! To heck with the garden - you can always shop at the produce stand - you can create works of art! And I love Miss C's curls!

Betty Benton said...

I totally understand your comment about the lack of gardening genes -- that's me, too! However, your gardening card is absolutely wonderful!

Sandie Conner said...

Just beautiful! Very soft and elegant. That color is very trendy now, so I miss that its gone. You did a wonderful job, I know she will love it.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow - this card is gorgeous - love the soft vintage look of it. And blue to top it all off -- I love blues too. This is such a sweet image. There's that beautiful seam binding bow treatment I love too. Your SIL is going to love this!
It's wonderful to see sweet Cassidy in her summer attire enjoying her sandbox.

Arielle H Gordon said...

SUPER GORGEOUS!!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

Linda Fisher said...

A HOME RUN! This card is another beauty, I know your SIL loved it! Where does she get all her energy?

Charlette Finley said...

OMG! LeAnne this card is just stunning! I love it. The blue it perfect. Wonderful job. Need info for this one!