Monday, April 2, 2012

Merry Monday 14

DSCF0077

Happy Monday, everyone!  Lesley very kindly asked me to be on the Design Team for her Merry Monday sketches for a few weeks!  How fun is that?  What a great way to get a head start on your Christmas cards, and I have been challenging myself to do that for the last couple years anyway!  So here’s the sketch for this week:

I chose to use a vintage image in a non-traditional color (at least for Santa, anyway).  Here you go:

DSCF0075

The designer papers from Melissa Frances gave me the inspiration; too bad I couldn’t show more of it!  So pretty!  I stamped my image in Lucky Limeade and used that for my base as well.  Some background stamping and embossing add to the vintage feel, and the velveteen ribbon gets a bright little surprise from the glimmer brad!  I hope you’ll find some inspiration from the sketch as well….make sure you visit Lesley’s blog, Always Playing with Paper, and play along with us!   Lesley has three other guest designers and a Featured Designer, and I know you’ll want to see their beautiful work as well!  And remember, if you have any questions about the card, feel free to send me an email (not a comment)!

DSCF0132

And be sure to come back tomorrow for the ColourQ!

12 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Such a wonderful card and I love that Santa image. The perfect holiday card.

Linda Callahan said...

I am green with envy that you have such a wonderful start on your Christmas cards! Santa is looking mighty fine! I love the ribbon/brad detail! And I spy that stamping stamping stamping in the background looking - the perfect accessory!

Carol Lucas said...

I'm not usually a Santa for Christmas cards fan, but I do like your card in all the muted shades of green. Very nice!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just gorgeous! I love this stamp set, and you have utilized it beautifully. I love that panel across the center and that sparkly brad.

Bev J. said...

Like the green you used for your card-pretty! Neat sketch too.

Cassidy is sure looking more grown up all the time-cute pic.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh that is pretty paper (and so is the bg you created). I love that velveteen ribbon. I like the way you used the punched border on either side of the middle panel. You are really doing well with growing your Christmas stash ahead of time. I've got to get with it here.
Thanks for another sweet pic of Cassidy to brighten my Monday morning.

barb mann said...

Love the monochromatic look and the layout LeAnne. Beautiful card and well done!

Linda said...

Wow this monochromatic card is wonderful! I love it.
I got a special card today in the mail. Thank you so much it really meant a lot.
Hugs,
Linda

Elise said...

Oh, MY goodness, the BABY! Look at HER! Yikes! Now, I know it's not my imagination - THEY do grow SO fast! YIPES! Meanwhile, what a WONDERFUL leg up you have on the holidays, yet again - YEOWZA - that card is breath taking! Yipeeeee!

Lesley said...

I am finally home from work! Work really gets in my way for commenting ya know! Love the card all in green...that image is one of my favs. So happy to have you on board!
Hugs,
Lesley

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card, LeAnne. It just makes me sigh!

Bonnie said...

This is such an elegant Santa image and I love it in the monochrome. Love the ribbon treatment too.