Wednesday, April 4, 2012

More Get Well Cards

DSCF0182

My goodness, I need more get well cards!  I searched a few challenges, and came up with yesterday’s SCS Color Challenge 369, which was Peach Parfait, Lucky Limeade and Pool Party, and the Mojo Monday Sketch 235:

Using a retired hostess set called Because I Care, this is what I made:

DSCF0179

I inked the hydrangea in Pool Party, then used a market to color the leaves and stem.  The largest butterfly from Kindness Matters adds a nice little touch! 

The second card is a smaller note-card size, using Fabulous Florets:

DSCF0181

This card uses the color challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments #112, which is Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla; the sketch is from Try Stampin’ on Tuesday #60:

Darn, I forgot those three little embellishments on the bottom!  Oh well!  The image was inked in Versmark, then Rich Razzleberry, stamped, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I colored it with Pretty in Pink ink and an aquapainter:

DSCF0183

I made a little tab with my Word Window punch with Early Espresso cardstock and stamped a little flourish from Tiny Tags and fastened it with a Vintage Trinket brad.  The background was embossed with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  Remember, if you have any questions, please shoot me an email!   Thanks so much for visiting today!  I appreciate all the comments about Cassidy’s rash, too!  I have a couple ideas to try!

“Driving” her Sesame Street “car”!!!

DSCF0168

20 comments:

Linda said...

Those cards are just fabulous! I especially love the butterfly you snipped on the first card and pretty much everything on the second card! Hope Cassidy's face clears soon. That rash certainly doesn't take away from her beauty!

Denise Willerton said...

Beautiful cards LeAnne ~ love how you fussy cute around the butterfly and flower!!!! FABULOUS....and Cassidy you are as well ~ I'm thinking is just baby rash and nothing to worry about....I'll ask Angela and see is she has any idea's! Enjoy your day :-)

nanny31 said...

jolies réas

Colleen Dietrich said...

Your cards are always a joy to look at, LeAnne. I don't get over here often as I'd like. :)

I adore hydrangeas, so that top card really grabbed my heart. Love how you cut outside of the box (er, circle.)

Linda Callahan said...

I always love those sweet little details you sneak in there - like the hydrangea peeking out of the circle and the stamping on the little loop on the tag - always something neat to see here~!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty cards. Love the way you cutout the edge of the flower on the first card. TFS

Darlene Gabriel said...

I saw this first card on SCS yesterday but it wasn't showing up here yet. I really like this with these wonderful papers. The Hydrangea is so pretty. Great card for the MOJO sketch. I like the pop of colour on the 2nd one. Nice sketch.

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous cards, LeAnne! I had to stop and CASE the white one right away! Thanks for the inspiration!

barb mann said...

I love both cards LeAnne but the second card is my fav - just because of ease. Did you use a die for the tag or did you make your own with a scallop circle or oval punch??

Diane said...

Both cards are wonderful Le Anne. My fav is the second because I am a sucker for clean and simple. I'm trying to figure out how you did the tag also. I was thinking scallop circle die?

LeroyLime said...

Both cards are simply stunning...I adore all the cream on your HSS entry, it really pops that sweet tag off of the background. Such a fresh get well card! Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

inkedx2 said...

I love your entry for our challenge! All the ivory with the pop of color on the tag is perfect. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Linda Fisher said...

A TRIPLE treat today, 2 stunning cards and Cassidy driving her car.
Both cards are fantastic, you are so talented and CREATIVE! Keep learning to drive Cassidy, soon you can take you Grammy for a ride!

Linda said...

This is such a pretty card. That is one of my favorite SU images.
Cassidy looks very intent. Is she going to the craft store?

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards, LeAnne! Love the vibrant colors in the first, then the white on white is just gorgeous! And you KNOW what I think of Miss Cassidy! Hugs...

Nancy Seed said...

Love the white background. Makes the flower pop that much more. Thanks for playing along on Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Krista said...

Great card and I love the splashes of color from our challenge. Cool tag, too!! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Genny said...

LeAnne,

Your card is perfect without the embellishments. I love how you tiled the background. So creative. Simple but stunning. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Both cards are very pretty! The one for our color challenge is very striking against all the white! Thanks for playing at HSS!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Very elegant. Never underestimate the power of white! Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.