Monday, April 23, 2012

Merry Monday 17

DSCF0091 

Hi everyone!  Happy Monday to you all---Lesley has another sweet Merry Monday sketch for us---and if you know me, you know I love things in threes, so I was happy to see this sketch:

 

You could substitute any type of shape or image for the three circles---just as long as you keep the general feel of the sketch!  I chose some subtle snowflakes for my card today:

Merry Monday 17-LeAnne

It’s pretty simple & straightforward---the snowflakes were actually stamped in Baja Breeze AND Sahara Sand to give them a bit of an aged look to match the My Minds Eye papers.  The sentiment was stamped in Cherry Cobbler on a diecut tag and I threaded some Baja Breeze seam binding to attach it to the card.  My card base is Naturals Ivory, which is a great warm neutral.  I colored some pearls with a Copic marker to match!  Remember, if you have any questions about my card, please feel free to email me!

I hope you’ll play with us this week to add to your Christmas card stash, or maybe just to get started!  Be sure to hop over to Lesley’s blog, Always Playing with Paper, to catch the latest designs the others have come up with, and share yours as well!

Helping Grampy wash the truck:

DSCF0380 

 DSCF0382

 DSCF0378

 DSCF0379

12 comments:

Kim S said...

It's the simple things that make your cards great...using a little Sahara Sand "ages" the snowflakes beautifully!!

Linda said...

Washing the truck??? That is a big job for such a little helper. I bet she made it fun.
Beautiful card! love the snowflakes and the way you attached the sentiment.

Carol Lucas said...

Beautiful card and sweet paper. Nice!

JJ Bolton said...

Such a lovely Christmas card! I love working on Christmas cards throughout the year:)

And your little helper is just too adorable!

Betty Benton said...

The snowflakes are beautiful -- as is the papers you've chosen to use. My Christmas card collection has grown quite nicely thanks to Lesley's sketches!!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous Christmas card, I love the papers you used.

Cheryl M. said...

I love the "feel" of that card. Such wonderful soft tones, and the sentiment says it all.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh, I like the papers you've used here and this is a great sketch. I love the seam binding like that too. I know I should be jumping in one of these weeks so that I can get a head start on my Christmas cards.
So how much water/soap did Cassidy get on herself?? That's half the fun of washing a truck isn't it? Looks like she was having a great time helping Grampy. But that looks like a pretty big sponge/brush for a little girl:)

Unknown said...

LOVE this card!! I love the layered stamping on the flakes, gives such a vintage look :) Thanks for your kid words, about my Gramma, too. It's wonderful to KNOW she's in a much better place! Big hugs!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful Christmas card, LeAnne! I love the red and blue together for holiday cards. That bucket looks almost as big as Cassidy! haha! She's so cute! :)

Linda Fisher said...

I think your cards are treasures. Always everything I like, this one is no exception! Cassidy is such a fashionable "helper"!

Lesley said...

Another wonderful card, done in threes. The snowflakes look gorgeous in sahara and baja...great idea. Love that little miss...she is so cute.