Friday, April 6, 2012

CCMC196 & WT369

 DSCF0231
I was glancing through my Reader posts late yesterday afternoon and saw this cute, cute card from my friend Nance.  It used the sketch 196 from Create with Connie & Mary:
It made me think that I hadn’t dusted off that cute set, Easy Events, for a while, plus I needed a baby card, so I whipped this card out before heading to church for our Maundy Thursday supper:
DSCF0232
It is a note card size….it just seemed to fit the sketch better since I didn’t have a large doily die on which to mat my circle.  I colored my image with an aquapainter and reinkers; matted it with a Certainly Celery scallop punched with the 2 3/8” scallop circle punch on which I stamped A to Z in Wild Wasabi; popped up the little umbrella; and popped up a different sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I already had a piece of embossed Pink Pirouette floating around on my desk, so I used the Adorning Accents Edgelit to make a scallop border and added another little border of Marina Mist, although if I’d had time, I would have used Bashful Blue as I think it’s a little too dark for a baby card, but that’s the color I used for the water.  I also did this because the Ways to Use It Challenge 369 at SCS yesterday was to color!!!  My favorite thing!  Edited to add:  I knew I had seen a challenge to use an umbrella on your creation but I couldn't remember it....here it is!  The Little Red Wagon #127!
DSCF0230
The one time of the day she’s not on the go-go-go!

5 comments:

Darlene Gabriel said...

Hi - just popped in quickly before heading out to my parents' place for the day with our family. It will be a great day but only thing is I will miss the Good Friday service at out church. I pray you will have a blessed day.
Your card is adorable -sweet little duckling and great colouring. Love your colours.
Cassidy looks so peaceful. Just gathering more energy to go, go, go:)

Linda Callahan said...

So sweet! I love that sketch too! That little ducky is adorable - and so is that sleeping little girl!

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card...Thanks for joining us over at Little Red Wagon!

Linda said...

Oh what is cuter that a sleeping little girl?
Adorable card. Love the image and how you popped up the umbrella.

Lesley said...

Adorable! Love the alphabet stamping on the scalloped circle!!! Really cute card with this sketch!