Sunday, April 29, 2012

Paper Players 93

DSCF0431

Happy Sunday to you!  It’s time for another Paper Players challenge!  Lesley is our hostess, and she has an interesting challenge for you today!  It’s a “tic-tac-toe” challenge:

Choose any three of these elements in a row to make your card---just like tic-tac-toe!  I chose to go across the middle row:  I used Marina Mist for my blue; I used white grosgrain for my ribbon, and my “free space” was dry embossing.  Here is my creation:

PP93-LeAnne

I had a piece of Marina Mist already cut with the Edgelits die, so I embossed it and the bottom of my card with the matching embossing folder, and cut a coordinating piece from the Patterns DP.   The oval Designer Frame added some additional embossing, and this little Bright Blossoms flower fit in there so sweetly!  To finish it off,  I added a little bit of white baker’s twine at the bottom:

DSCF0433

I stamped a  sentiment from Friendly Phrases and I was done!  Clean, simple and blue---my favorite color!  I hope you’ll play along with the tic-tac-toe challenge this week!  Be sure to stop by the Paper Players blog to see what the other designers came up with….it’s sure to be an interesting group of projects!

We hit a couple yard sales last weekend and got Cassidy some new toys.  The FP barn was a hit:

 DSCF0413 DSCF0415 

DSCF0422

DSCF0423

I wonder what’s in there?   Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

Christina said...

This is so elegant, LeAnne! I love the graceful curve of the embossed lines and the crisp combo of Marina Mist and white.

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Might just have to CASE this for next weekend's stamp camp. ~chris

Ann Schach said...

Clean and classy card, LeAnne! I love the use of the framelits and edgelits! Cassidy is such a cutie! Heck...I want to come play with the FP Barn! I LOVE FP toys!

Frenchie said...

Oh just that look on there faces is soo priceless !
And you're card is sooo pretty , but what can I say !!!
Hugs F.

Lesley said...

Cute, clean creation LeAnne...somehow I knew you'd choose blue!! That farm does look like fun!

None None said...

Love the blues and the Edgelits, LeAnne! Such a classy card that will be treasured by the recipient!

Hope your week is a great one! Cassidy sure looks enthralled by her new barn! I'll be checking out a few barns myself this week!

Karren J said...

What a lovely card. Love the blue and white combo. Got to say the FP barn brought back some memories. My youngest had a lot of the Little People toys and just loved them. They are all in the attic now, awaiting grandchildren - in the way distant future, I hope! Cheers Karren

Betty Benton said...

This card is so clean and crisp -- just beautiful!! Love the blue and white!

Denise Willerton said...

what a beautiful card LeAnne ~ you definitely nailed CAS! and Cassidy is adorable with her new farm land...our boys have this toy as well and love it! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day :-)

Doris said...

Love this card! I have to try the tic-tac-toe challenge next. You've inspired me to get out my oval frame EF which I haven't tried yet. We were at WDW during our daughter's visit from Prague and had a great time, but now it's back to the Stamping Tower. It's been awhile...

H2 :) said...

Love how crisp & clean your design is LeAnne. Fabulous card! :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful in blue and white. I love blue too. I love your use of these Edgelits and designer frame. Cassidy will enjoy her new farm - she looks thrilled.

Nance Leedy said...

This is so fresh and fun! Love the clean combo of blue and white and that littl ebit of twine on the flowers is perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

The soft gentle curves give your card a touch of elegance. Very pretty!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ok, my friend...all I can say is WOW! I love the clean design the mix of textures and all that beautiful blue. As always, little miss is dressed to impress. I want to see that kid's closet! She's a mini-fashionista! :)

Bonnie said...

Hi Leanne, I thought I left a comment on here earlier this week. Evidently I just thought about it and didn't get to it. Anyway, I love this and it convinced me to order the Bright Blossoms and the paper! Can't wait for it to come.

Jenn Picard said...

This card is striking. Love the CAS design and all of that dry embossing makes the whole design pop! Fantastic job with the challenge as usual:)