Monday, December 4, 2023

Three Vintage Christmas Cards

 Happy Monday, peeps!  Phew, I'm beat.  It was a crazy hectic day yesterday between church and our covered dish supper, then Christmas Carol hymn sing....but it really put me in the Christmas spirit!  Today is grocery shopping and laundry....so this will be quick!  The challenge from In(k)spire Me is Retro Christmas, and Inspire.Create also wants Christmas this week!  I have had this wood mounted stamp from Inkadinkado for a long time and have never inked it up!  I actually took it off the wood block so I could use it in my Stamparatus and while I was at it, I made three!  



So here we go:


I am not quite sure why the colors in my photo are really off; my images are stamped on Crumb Cake and the card bases are Cherry Cobbler, Misty Moonlight and Shaded Spruce, but it certainly doesn't look like those colors in real life, LOL!  Anyway, you get the gist.  I began by stamping them all in my Stamparatus:


Then I diecut them with a Deckled Edge Rectangle die and used a Blending Brush and Crumb Cake ink to give them a vintage look.  On the corners of each card, I stamped a holly image from the retired Bells & Boughs set, then mounted the image on top:


A vintage sentiment from Crafty Secrets was stamped and diecut, then added to the inside.  Simple & easy!


Thanks for popping in today..if you need any info on any of the products used, just shoot me an email!
Enjoy your day and be blessed!



9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, these are just wonderful! What a memory you've brought to my mind this morning - they used to allow sledding on our sand dunes... what a ride to remember!
I love the way you've connected your card base to this wonderful image by stamping that holly - fabulous!
=]

Carol L said...

You did good using that unloved stamp to make 3 vintage beauties! Some times I just love being taken back to the days when cards like this were in style. Life was stress-free and the only thing that mattered as a kid was having your own sled! Fun cards!

Bonnie said...

What a sweet image, LeAnne! Stamping the background added wonderful depth to the design. I remember some fun times sledding.

Denise Willerton said...

Sweet vintage Christmas card LeAnne. I love this collage look. Have a blessed day my friend ((hugs))

Karen in Florida said...

Hi Ho! I'm not usually a "vintage" person but you card is a happy card! The little guy on the sled is perfect and I love the addition of the holly stamp.

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of sweet cards, LeAnne! I like the subtle holly in the backgrounds.

Tammy said...

Love these--and the three colors are all great!! Thanks for sharing with us at Inspire.Create!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, What a lovely vintage card. That image is perfect and brings fond memories of sledding. I love the tone on tone of the card base too. Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create.Challenges.

Linda Callahan said...

You are the master of vintage! Love these!