Sunday, December 3, 2023

PP669 Gingerbread Christmas

Hi there, everyone!  It's Sunday and time for another Paper Players challenge, with Jaydee as our hostess! And she has a timely theme for us:

So many ideas from our mood board!  I combined the top left and center pictures for my card today:



This little card is just chock-full of holiday treats--candy, hot cocoa, and gingerbread men!  The background paper from Echo Park's Santa Claus Lane was my starting point, and I pulled out different sets and dies to create the little focal point. My sketch comes from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


And my elements are all from Close to My Heart, except for the gingerbread diecut, which is from Lisa Jones/Sissix.  My sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs:


Everything went on a Lovely Lipstick card base.  My inside sentiment is from a Fiskars set which I don't think I've ever used!


I had so much fun making this!  If you have some Christmas cards still needing to be done, I hope you'll find some inspiration from our theme board!  Whip up something and share it with us over at the Paper Players!  Check out what the other designers did as well!  Thanks for visiting today!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs), Just Treats (Close to My Heart), Season's Greetings (Fiskars)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pecan Pie, Santa Claus Lane (Echo Park)
 Ink Real Red, Mellow Moss (ret), Garden Green, Versafine Black
Accessories Red Rhinestone, Linen Thread, Brown Glitter (Recollections)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Give it a Whirl Dies, Layering Circles Dies (ret), Winter Elements Dies (Lisa Jones/Sissix), Ornate Frames Dies (ret), White Gel Pen (Posca)

16 comments:

Bonnie said...

LOL, I think I just gained 5 pounds just looking at all these fun treats!

Wendy said...

Oh so cute, LeAnne! Anything gingerbread speaks to me! Love the paper and your focal point especially the gingerbread diecut! Happy Holidays! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun holiday card!

I Card Everyone said...

Now I want that cocoa even more! But actually, I prefer coffee with my gingerbread! OH, he would be almost too cute to eat, LeAnne! Wonderful DSP again!
=]

Heather said...

This looks wonderful, LeAnne! LOVE all these treats, and such a super cute design! Your little diecut ginger is AMAZING! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Karen in Florida said...

Very cute card! I love the DSP, the gingerbread guy & all the little diecuts. The multi-layered circle of patterns is perfect.
You captured all the yummy-ness of Christmas!
Good job, LeAnne!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is playful and extra sweet! Darling card, LeAnne!

Fiona said...

Such a cosy 'sweet' card LeAnne - a great take on our sketch. Thanks for playing along with us again at HSS and see you in the New Year. Merry Christmas

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, your card is perfect for the weather today. Warm and cozy. I love that DSP you used and how you tied the coffee cups in the focal panel to the background. The scalloped layers add a wonderful touch of movement, too. Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnn, I wish I was having a cup of coffee and a gingerbread boy with you, This is the sweetest card. This card would make anyone smile! Love the DSP and all the cozy feels this card brings!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! What a cute card! This paper is the BEST. I love the cup of cocoa with the gingerbread boy. The entire card gives off such warmth and a cozy holiday feel. Lucky is the person who finds this card in their mailbox!

Fran Wing said...

LeAnne, I was going to tell you that I put on weight just looking at this card and then see that Bonnie got there first! I love this card! I don't think I've ever seen brown glitter, but what a great idea for the top of the hot chocolate. Gorgeous card!
Xoxo, Fran

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, Two of my favorite things at Christmas are making gingerbread cookies and drinking hot cocoa. Your card is full of nostalgia, warm and cozy. You pulled all of the elements together beautifully.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This card is so fun LeAnne and a true visual feast! I love the paper and the way your focal point circle brings it to life with the diecut details. Yummy!

Stampin Expressions said...

Oh I love all the beautiful elements you have on your card, so festive! Really brings out the holiday spirit! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Super cute, LeAnne! Love all of the yummy holiday treats.