Tuesday, December 12, 2023

AHSC555 Pink Trees!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! My friend Karen sent me a photo of a cool plate and sort of challenged me to make a Christmas card using it as my inspiration!  I took her up on it!  Here's the photo:


I used the sketch from Atlantic Hearts:


I have a cute little set from the Stamp Market called Tiny Trees Two, and I didn't use it at all this year, so I decided to put it to use on this card!  Here we go:


I diecut and stamped several trees, using Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, Bubble Bath, Smoky Slate and Sahara Sand inks and papers, all on a Bubble Bath panel that I lightly dotted with a Petal Pink marker.  I added some snowy hills and a vellum banner on which I stamped a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp.   The horizontal pieces are some neglected washi tapes.  I diecut one small deer from some gold foil as my embellishment:


Another SSS stamp and a little tree on the inside:

We went to Longwood yesterday; the theme this year is retro Christmas! So fun! I took lots of pictures, but I wanted to show you some of the "pink" themed items that were featured!

These giant Christmas bulb were floating on one of the ponds!


In the music room, a record player and a vintage ceramic Christmas tree:


This tree was loaded with pink, mauve, purple and gold ornaments and the gifts were lavishly decorated as well:


I love these vintage decorations....especially that pink and green bottle brush tree!



The Exhibition hall was just stunning:



I'll post more later!  Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Tiny Trees Two (The Stamp Market), Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Vellum, Whisper White, Bubble Bath, Smoky Slate, Gold Foil (ret)
 Ink Smoky Slate, Pebbled Path, Basic Gray, Bubble Bath, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Accessories Washi Tape (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Square Dies (Lil Inker), Card Front Builder Die (ret), Tiny Trees Two Dies (The Stamp Market), Large Banner Dies (Pink & Main), Christmas Blessings Dies (Simon Says Stamp)

13 comments:

Carol L said...

I'm impressed with the way you created this fun card with that photo. I love the soft colors and especially love how you decorated the inside too. The Longwood photos are impressive and I can only begin to imagine the time spent putting all those decorations together. I WISH I could gift wrap presents like those! TFS

Bonnie said...

This is a sweet forest of trees and I love that little gold deer! Thanks for sharing your pictures of Longwood Gardens. It's such a magical place and I love that you share it with us!

Kampin' Karen said...

Who would have thought "pink trees"...pink elephants, yes! I LOVE it!! Thank you for taking me to Longwood :-) Hugs!

I Card Everyone said...

We loved Longwood, LeAnne. Thanks so much for sharing your day with us!
Now. Let me tell you that you NAILED that challenge! Such a beautiful grove of pink, grey, and gold!
I love that plate so much I might want to take it on myself!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

I love your card! What a fun challenge. Longwood Gardens...LOVE! I love retro anything!

Lorraine said...

Ooooh, I love this. I love the plate too - you really nailed that challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the way you captured the plate, LeAnne! The trees are wonderful and I love the little gold deer. Pretty card. THANK YOU for sharing the Longwood Garden pics, looks amazing!

Dena J said...

You did a brilliant job creating your card from the plate. The colors are so delicate and pretty, and the addition of vellum is lovely. Thank you so much for joining the Atlantic Hearts challenge.

Karen in Florida said...

Great job, LeAnne! You even have little gold dots in the background just like the plate.
You're so creative!
I sure wish I lived close to Longwood! What a spectacular place. I'm forwarding your post to my friend in Lititz...maybe she & her husband can visit Longwood.

Rachelle Oltean said...

Love what you did with the beautiful inspiration design on the plate! Thanks for sharing the amazing Longwood Garden decoration with the rest of us! Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Rachelle - @redcre8s

Linda Callahan said...

Love your card - and your pix! Pink and purple are so fun for Christmas!

Jaydee said...

OK.... I am obsessed with that plate!!!! Where did she get it! Oh... and fabulous job on the inspiration card, too. I love it. What a fun places the farm is!
hugs
jaydee

Brandi said...

You nailed that challenge for sure! Beautiful card as always! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca