Saturday, December 2, 2023

FMS614 & AYSI313 Super Speedy Stars

Happy Saturday, peeps! I don't normally post on a Saturday afternoon, but I wanted to get this CAS card posted before the challenges ended!  The FMS sketch is a fun one, and the Speed Stamping challenge at As You See It is "stars"!



Usually speed stamping gives me the willies, so I avoid it, but my friend Martha just gave me a lovely starry stencil and after some practice, I felt sure I could create a CAS card with it!  I pulled out the retired Shine Bright stamp set as well, my Crushed Curry ink, a few starry sequins and went to town:


And here's my time:


Not too bad!  I used a die from Pink & Main to create my sentiment:


And my time even included stamping on the inside! Woohoo!


I think I am ready to get all my card signed, addressed and in the mail!  Thanks for visiting today!

For any of you who enjoy hearing about Longwood Gardens, their recent blog post was really fun, especially if you're a fan of the  "red trucks hauling Christmas trees" themed stuff! My brother had told us that Longwood had purchased an old farm truck and spent months restoring it.  You can see all about it HERE on their blog! We will be visiting Longwood in a week or so, so I am anxious to see it myself!  I'll be sure to get some pictures!  Meanwhile, here's a sneak peek, courtesy of Longwood Gardens:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Shine Bright (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White
 Ink Crushed Curry
Accessories Star Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Tools     Blending Brush, Star Stencil (unknown)

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful bright, shiny stars, LeAnne! This looks like it took much longer! I can't wait to see your pictures from your visit to Longwood Gardens!

Kampin' Karen said...

Awesome card! I haven't played in a challenge of any sort in so long. I need to get back to that soon but I am just keeping my nostrils above water with posting two or three times a week. I love seeing your cards even though I don't comment on every one.

Jen Mitchell said...

Speed stamping is not normally for me either, so I applaud your bravery in giving it a try! This card is great! The stars seem to be floating across the card!

Jen Brum said...

I don't think I've ever made a card in 5 minutes! That's amazing! I love those pretty stars! That sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jan Clothier said...

What a lovely card! You'd never think you'd whipped it up in such a short space of time. The yellow stars are just so cheerful! It's great to have you back in the gallery, LeAnne. Thanks for playing along with the speed challenge at As You See It.

Linda Callahan said...

You are amazing - five minutes and a delightful starry card is born! I would still be getting comfortable on my stool.....

I Card Everyone said...

That is a great and very quick card, my friend! Well done!
I wish we could go see that wonderful truck and have a cup of hot chocolate together!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Super fast, super cute! Love the truck and would love to see it!

Heather Cooper said...

Wow! Stencils are a great strategy for speed stamping! I love these cheery stars for Christmas greetings! Thanks for taking a chance on our speed stamping challenge at As You See It, LeAnne!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those stencilled stars are just fabulous LeAnne! Perfect for the sketch and so bright and impactful - and quick too. Thanks for joining our speed challenge at As You See It!

Deborah Wheeler said...

Brilliant card LeAnne! Stencils are so useful for quick cards, but your time absolutely smashed our challenge! Thanks for joining us at As You See It

Jane Knudsen said...

LeAnne, You busted some moves to get this card done! This was the right time to get that stencil! Bright and bold! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!