Thursday, December 14, 2023

FMS616 Winter Wishes

Happy Thursday, peeps!  Winding down towards the weekend! I am still making Christmas cards because I actually make Christmas cards all year long, LOL!  So the FMS sketch called to me:

because I was looking through my stash of retired DSP and I found this one that I thought would look pretty with it:


I have a real mix of old and new here!  The DSP is from the retired Painted Christmas along with some retired Shaded Spruce DSP for the accents.  The sentiment is from Magical Meadow, diecut with the Nested Essential die, then accented with some Sweet Sorbet banners, also from the same die set:


Brightest Glow provided the inside sentiment, and I used some greenery from an older set called Winter Wishes and some berry "dots" from some set...can't remember which, LOL!


I love these traditional Christmas colors and this sketch is super-versatile!

A few more photos from Longwood!

Here's the restored red truck that was featured on the Longwood blog a couple weeks ago.  Forgive John...he hates having his picture taken! A volunteer took the photo as well...it's not the best, LOL!


It had its own license plate and wreath, decorated with red-truck ribbon:



And breathtaking views:






It boggles my mind when I think about how much time, planning and man-power it takes to put this all together!  Thanks for stopping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Magical Meadow, Brightest Glow, Winter Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Sweet Sorbet, Painted Christmas DSP (ret), Shaded Spruce DSP (ret)
 Ink Sweet Sorbet, Garden Green
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Scalloped Contours Dies, Nested Essential Dies

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Very pretty card, LeAnne! Love the look of the 2 different papers together sitting on an all white cardbase. The sentiment finishes this beautifully! WOW, the photo's from Longwood are beautiful! All those gorgeously decorated trees and the red truck are perfect!

Kampin' Karen said...

I love the simplicity but beauty of this card. Thank you, again, for taking me along to LWG.

Bonnie said...

Such bright and pretty Christmas paper, LeAnne! BTW, Thanks for the pretty Christmas card. You are the Queen of patterned paper, my friend. Thanks too for sharing Longwood Gardens. What beautiful trees and that wreath is gorgeous!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh those papers came together as if they were from the very same set, LeAnne! Yes, to traditional colors, and that touch of pink, too! So lovely!
Longwood is dripping in Christmas - I'd give anything to see it up close and personal. I can't imagine the work it will take to dismantle it either!
=]

Anonymous said...

I wonder until when I will be able to put up Christmas decorations. I change furniture from it usual places and everything else. The pictures are beautiful BUT my tree and Nativity are more beautiful . . . ho! ho! ho! Your card is so pretty . . . thanks Leanne!! Marina from Algeria.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty way to highlight those paper, LeAnne! Wonderful card and wonderful photos! We had a garden center that did it up big for Christmas too. My mom and I went every year. They had so many beautiful decorated trees. They closed a couple of years ago and I miss it so much!

Tracy Grauer said...

Good for you for making Christmas cards all year long! This one is very nice with that DSP. The pictures from Longwood are great! Thanks for sharing!

Amy O said...

That paper is so pretty and it's perfect to showcase with a pretty sentiment. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, LeAnne. Happy New Year!

Jen Timko said...

Such a pretty card and I love these papers! So glad you joined us at FMS and Happy New Year!