Thursday, December 21, 2023

AHSC556 One More Christmas Card

Happy Thursday, everyone! I have suffered from stamping withdrawal!! I locked myself in my craft room this morning, leaving unwrapped gifts sitting on my kitchen table, and made myself stamp something! The Atlantic Hearts sketch is always one of my favorites:


While I was doing my video workout this morning, the leader had a pretty decoration on her wall; it had a black background and a white wreath, so I thought I'd use it as my inspiration! It didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, but I got some ideas for future use, LOL!  So here we go:


I used lots of different products on my card today!  The DSPs I used are SU's One Horse Sleigh and Fitting Florets as well as some Gold Foil.  The Basic Black circle was stamped with a bough stamp from Market Street Stamps' Country Christmas, in Craft White ink. I gave it some "snow" with a white gel pen:


The gold-embossed "Christmas" is from Impression Obsession; the "Merry" is from Peachy Cheap, and the bow is from Country Wreath dies.  I added a few sprigs from Cottage Wreaths, stamped in Gray Granite. My final addition was some gold pearls!  This will go into next year's stash!  Thanks so much for popping in today!

I made another trip to Longwood; this time it was at 10 am...MUCH fewer crowds, and easier to gaze at some of the indoor sights a little longer! 






Enjoy your day and be blessed!

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Christmas (Market Street Stamps), Christmas Words (Impression Obsession)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Gold Foil, One Horse Sleigh DSP, Fitting Florets DSP
 Ink Gray Granite, Gold Encore (ret)
Accessories Gold Pearls (ret), Black Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Cottage Wreath Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Circle Dies (ret), Large Banner Dies (Pink & Main), Merry Die (Peachy Cheap)

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love your last Christmas card as much as your first, LeAnne! Such a gorgeous card with the white stamped on black - all the neutrals I love on a card! AND a tree - thanks so much for sharing more of Longwood... those brown paper packages with the snowy pinecones make me sooo happy! I don't shop - but a few empty packages would hurt, right?
Merry Christmas, my friend - all the best to you, John and your family in the New Year!
=]

Karen in Florida said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne!
I forwarded your Longwood pix to my friend in Lititz.

Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your white wreath is lovely and looks elegant with the gold you added! Pretty Longwood trees too, thanks for sharing them!

Carol L said...

The black, gold and white all look so striking together on this gorgeous card. I really love the white stamping on the circle sentiment panel with that gorgeous ribbon. It's just a beautiful take on that sketch. The photos of Longwood Gardens are amazing too and I'm glad you got to visit there once again. I was only there once but it's a sight to behold especially at Christmas! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas season filled with blessings and joy!

Kampin' Karen said...

This is a gorgeous card, LeAnne. I have a very difficult time with Craft White ink. Do you use SU or another company? Does Longwood say how long it takes them to put together such beautiful trees, etc.? I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas. I will be spending it by myself as my daughter and son-in-love both have Covid. They are REALLY sick. Hopefully, we'll be able to spend NYE and day together.

Vickie said...

How perfect LeAnne…love untraditional colors for your card. Elegant! Well done

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous card, LeAnne! The colors are very eye catching and I love the design! Great variety of stamps & dies, too! Thanks for sharing the pictures of Longwood Gardens....everything is beautiful! The large decorated trees remind me of a movie I watched recently called A Biltmore Christmas. Those trees are so elegant and every ornament is at perfect placement! I even spied some ceramic Christmas trees there, too! Merry Christmas to you & your family! Hugs~

Brandi said...

I love this, the plaid with the pops of gold, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

foleysfriend said...

Loving the rustic feel to your card with the non-traditional Christmas colors. I love the white boughs along the edge of the black circle. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.