Friday, December 8, 2023

Complimentary Peanuts

Happy Friday, peeps!  I have a silly little birthday card today for my brother; every time I look at this stamp set, it cracks me up, hopefully he'll get the humor too.  It uses the sketch from Try Stampin' On Tuesday as well as the Stamp Act challenge from Krafty Chicks and Felicita's  Tic Tac Toe challenge!  



I used the bottom row across of free, embellishment and diecut.  So here we go:


I used some papers from my stash; stamped the peanuts and loosely colored them with Blends, then stamped the "compliments" separately and popped them up after cutting them out:


Being the only boy in the family, this is probably pretty much how my brother sees himself anyway, so I'm sure he'll get it! LOL!  Just kidding!  But he does know he's pretty special! 

We got a nice little snowfall yesterday, it was fun to watch the flakes while I made cookies and decorated our tree!  This little bird didn't let the snow deter him:


And even Mr Fox was out and about:


 Thanks for popping in today; enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps That's Funny (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Misc DSP from my stash
 Ink Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Misty Moonlight
Accessories Dimensionals, Enamel Dots (W+9)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Nested Essentials Dies, Large Banner Dies (Pink & Main), Crumb Cake Blend

12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love this LeAnne - perfect for a Friday giggle! I'm sure your brother will love it too.

Kampin' Karen said...

What a fun stamp set, LeAnne. The sweet little bird doesn't look real...he/she is so cute. The fox is beautiful. TFS and have a blessed weekend.

Kim S said...

Those peanuts are just too cute!! And I love your combination of woodgrain and polka dots behind them.

Bonnie said...

I'll never look at complimentary peanuts the same again, LeAnne! What a fun card and beautiful pictures of the snow and wildlife!

I Card Everyone said...

OH! this card makes my pun loving heart so happy! What a fun card for your brother - I only have one son, and since he's the middle child, it works out great!
We've switched weather, LeAnne - we're sunny and low 50's!
=]

Vicky Hayes said...

This is such a great card LeAnne and if your brother doesn't laugh he has a heart of stone! I loved hearing about you making cookies and decorating your tree while it snowed outside and the wildlife get on with their lives - it's like Little House on the Prairie at your house!! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, how FUN!! Thanks for the chuckle and the snowy pics!

Karen in Florida said...

Hahahaha! That's hilarious!

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, I'm sure your brother with chuckle when he opens your card! I like the way you popped the compliments to give added depth and fun to your card!! Thank you for sharing your funny card and creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Dena J said...

This is the cutest, LeAnne!! Really made me smile. Thank you for sharing your fun card at TSOT.

Linda Callahan said...

lololol - fun card!

Lori Turner said...

Super cute card, LeAnne! Thank you so much for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week for our STAMP ACT week!

Lori
KCC DT