Monday, December 11, 2023

40th Anniversary Card

Happy Monday, peeps! Hope you had a lovely weekend.  My friend Robyn, who is also my co-worker at church as well as a crafty stamper herself, has been working at our church for FORTY years!  Wow!  She has seen lots of changes in her many years and has still maintained her positive spirit and love of the Lord! We managed to surprise her yesterday with a big luncheon!  And of course, I had to make her a card in her favorite color of purple!


I stamped the florals from Dainty Delight in Stazon Black, then watercolored them and diecut them with the matching dies.  Although you can't see it very well in the photo, the horizontal panel is Glimmer Paper, which gave it a wonderful sparkle!  A little scalloped panel of Mint Macaron, and it all went on a piece of Gorgeous Grape dsp.  


I added some sparkly ribbon and a little tag from Our Daily Bread Designs, and stamped a congrats on the inside:

I used the sketch from Just Add Ink:


And I am also entering this at the Time Out Challenges this week where they want something sparkly!


I had to share this from the luncheon yesterday; Robyn loves chocolate, so her daughters and several others made chocolate desserts.  There was quite an array from which to choose:




LOL!  Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

A friend loveth at all times. Proverbs 17:17a
 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Dainty Delight, Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs), Farmhouse All Occasion Greetings (Stamp Simply)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Mint Macaron (ret), White Glimmer (ret), Gorgeous Grape DSP (ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, Gorgeous Grape, Fresh Freesia, Mint Macaron (ret)
Accessories Glitter Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Dainty Delight Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Large Banner Dies (Pink & Main), 1/8" Hole Punch, Aquapainter

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne and I bet she adored it! Love the beautifully colored flowers and the added sparkle with the glimmer paper and the ribbon. Loved the sign at the end of your post about chocolate. That's just too funny! Congrats to Robin on her 40 years!

I Card Everyone said...

How sweet of you to use Robyn's favorite color on your wonderful card. It's great your church celebrated her in such a yummy way, LeAnne. What an accomplishment - 40 years!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

What a great card for Robyn's dedicated service! I think I gained a pound or two just looking at the chocolate desserts!

Bonnie said...

Robyn sounds like my kind of person! Chocolate is definitely a major needed food group! She sound like a good friend and a blessing to your church! The card is beautiful and I'm sure well appreciated!

Linda Callahan said...

Your card is lovely! Looks like a great party!

Lisa Elton said...

40 years, good for her! Bet she loved her pretty card, I do! I also like the way she thinks!

Bobby said...

Not many people stay in a job for 40 years so your friend really deserved the recognition, LeAnne. I'm sure she loved her glittery card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out.

Nonni said...

I'm sure your colleague loved this card. So very beautiful with all the purple! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!