Thursday, December 7, 2023

Happy Christmas Deer

Happy Thursday, peeps! The week is screeching along to the weekend and I feel behind!  LOL, I am sure I will get it all done, right?!  I made a card a couple of days ago and just had the time to post, and it happened to be for a couple of challenges!  First, the sketch at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown:


And both Little Red Wagon and Double D challenges want Christmas animals on their cards:


I hadn't used this sweet little deer diecut from Papertrey for a while, so I decided he needed to make an appearance:


I guarantee you that John won't see a deer out in the woods decked out like this one, LOL!  He's created from some retired Naturals White cardstock, mounted on various Christmas papers, and decorated with some sequins and twine on his little wreath around his neck:


The layers are mounted on a 4 1/4" square Mossy Meadow card, and the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp's Christmas Blessings!  Off to make some more cookies!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Mossy Meadow, Naturals White (ret), Real Red Glimmer (ret), Winter Flowers (Unity), Christmas Salutations (Echo Park)
 Ink Mossy Meadow, Real Red
Accessories Sequins (from my stash), Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker's Twine (ret), Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Deer to Me Dies (Papertrey), Large Banner Dies (Pink & Main)

16 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh so cute, LeAnne! Your deer sure is decked out for the holidays and I just love it! Pretty papers, too! And look at all those yummy cookies! I haven't even begun to think about baking any cookies yet! Shawn usually makes Snickerdoodles which are so soft...hopefully soon! Tis the season!

I Card Everyone said...

I don't think I have to tell you how much I love this handsome stag, do I? You've decked him out so well, LeAnne! Nobody does paper-layering like you and your SU gal pals! Another beauty!
Is it bad that I could/would love to eat a dozen of your cookies with my coffee this morning?
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Sweet card to go along with delicious looking butter spritz cookies!

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a festive deer! Those cookies look so yummy! Nice job with the spritzer.

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you bedazzled his antlers! Fabulous card, LeAnne and some yummy looking cookies!

Carol L said...

I really like all the layering you did on this cute little card but those sequins on the antlers are such a fun touch too! I miss all those Christmas cookies we used to make but I gave all that stuff away last year to someone who can use it. They look yummy!!

Darlene said...

Awesome card and WOW those cookies look AMAZING! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Barbara said...

So glad that you joined us at Double D Challenge with this fabulously decked out deer. You are right when you say that you will not find one like this in the forest. But on this great layered background he is majestic!

Kim S said...

I love all the little details - like the woodgrain and the sequins on his antlers!

Bonnie said...

What an awesome deer all bedecked with sequins and a wreath around his neck! Your cookies look delicious!

Vicky Hayes said...

This deer is gorgeous isn't he! Love his texture and the way you decked him out with sequins! And look at your cookies! Wow! Vicky x

Rosmarie said...

Awww, I absolutely love everything about this card! What a great take on our sketch and clever combination of several challenges! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season! Rosi x

Fabiola said...

oh LeAnne, que c'est adorable, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Imke said...

Wonderful and elegant Christmas Card LeAnne and great take with our "Animal or Human" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Thanks for joining us !

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Valentina B said...

Oh what a pretty and cute Christmas card in all festive cheer.
I'm sure the deer loves this Christmas cheer. Thank you for playing with our sketch at 52CCT, Valentina DT

Linda Callahan said...

Love the deer and love the cookies - used to make them with my mother ages ago!