Wednesday, December 27, 2023

AHSC557 Sympathy

Happy Wednesday, peeps! Hope you had a good Christmas holiday! The days feel weird, I am all messed up, LOL! I did manage to clean a little space on my stamp table (which looks like a tornado hit it) to make, sadly, a sympathy card.  I used the Atlantic Hearts sketch:


I just got some Fitting Florets DSP from the Clearance Rack, and I paired it with the florals from Fruitful Blessings....trying to get some more use from it before it retires!  So here we go:


After diecutting my circle, I mounted it on a scallop of Smoky Slate and added a sentiment from Lasting Joy and a black gingham bow.  The DSP panel was diecut with the Basic Borders die, and to complement the black & white, I added a smaller diecut panel of Basic Black.  I admit that the little smaller circle beneath the main image threw me a bit! I ended up diecutting a vellum circle, then adding some bluish pearls round the edge, and one on the floral image as well:


I added a little panel of the same DSP on the inside and a sentiment from Courage and Faith:


It's sad any time to need sympathy card, but it's worse at the holidays.  Hope this brings some comfort.

So we got to meet our new great-nephew Coby over Christmas:



He's so tiny and sweet!  And of course, we can't forget big brother Cole:


Cassidy was in her glory...she's going to be a great babysitting some day soon!


Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Fruitful Blessings, Lasting Joy, Courage & Faith
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Fitting Florets DSP 
 Ink Balmy Blue, Memento Black
Accessories Black & White Gingham, Red & Green Pearls (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies (ret), Basic Borders Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm sure your beautiful card, and sentiments will be appreciated, LeAnne. Losing a loved one during the holidays is terrible. Having a new baby to cuddle is always a joy!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a nice card. I sure like the Courage and Faith sentiments. I love the pics of the little ones! So cute!

Carol L said...

Your card is just lovely for such a sad occasion. The family photos are precious with that new baby, and Cassidy is looking more and more like her pretty mom every day!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry you needed a sympathy card, LeAnne, but it's a pretty one. Look at those sweet little ones! I miss baby snuggles!

Dena J said...

Love love love the colors you chose for this sketch, LeAnne. Just a beautiful card. Sweet family pics and joy at a new baby! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts.

Brandi said...

The softness of the colours in this is great, you never want to make a sympathy card but it is so beautiful and peaceful, I am sure it will be appreciated. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful card LeAnne and such gorgeous peaceful colours. It is a difficult time of year to lose a loved one and I hope your card brought comfort.
What a lovely time you had meeting little Coby and getting together with all the family - lovely pics! Happy new year to you! Vicky x