Tuesday, July 19, 2016

TSOT280


Happy Tuesday, everyone!  It's time for another Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch from Kaylin; this week's optional theme is "splash"!


I've been "rediscovering" the plethora of random DSP I've collected over the years....this group of papers is from an older Graphic 45 pad called "On The Boardwalk".....it was perfect for my vintage images of bathing beauties from Artistic Outpost (Boardwalk).  So here we go:


I stamped my image in Bermuda Bay and added some overstamping of SU's Linen background stamp as well as some sponging.  I struggled to find a color that would complement the colors in the DSP, and to my pleasant surprise, the new In Color Peekaboo Peach worked perfectly!  I added a couple of mats and some candy dots, then added a little "enjoy" (Everyday Expressions by Paper Studio) in Cajun Craze.


Finally, I punched out this little circular embellishment from one of the DSP's designs and mounted it on a Cajun Craze scallop.....isn't it fun?  Perfect for the sketch, too!


I have a few summertime birthdays coming up, so this will be in the mail for one of them!  Hope you'll play along with us, and remember that we have a Facebook page and you can submit your creations there as well!

Speaking of the boardwalk, here's a few shots from Funland at Rehoboth Beach, DE....a place where I rode these same rides, as did Dana, when we were kids:


Enjoy your day!


7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh what a fun card, and a fun place! xx

Wendy said...

Love this, LeAnne! What a fun vintage card with those cute bathing beauties and super mix of DSP's! Love your color combo too! What a fun day for Cassidy in Rehobeth! There is no better place than the beach!! TFS and have a great day! :)

Carol L said...

I love your vintage inspired card with those great colors. Coney Island was the "it" place to go back in the day! Fun amusement park pics of Dana and Cassidy too. The merry-go-round was my favorite ride when I was a kid too :) Have a cool week ahead.

Denise Willerton said...

Love those bathing beauties LeAnne...great card 😊 Looks like a super fun day ... Have a blessed week

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love it LeAnne - those vintage papers are perfect for your sketch and the funfair photos tie in nicely too - looks like they're having a fun time too!

Lisa Elton said...

The paper and vintage image were made for each other!! Terrific card LeAnne. Cassidy sure is sprouting up!! How fun that three generations get to enjoy the rides!!

*Vicki* said...

Super cute card and I absolutely LOVE the colors on this!! You've done a fabulous job with the sketch! :)