Monday, July 4, 2016

CYCI127 and SSC130 You're Sublime


Happy 4th, everyone!  I have a fun little card today using (again) You're Sublime and some fun colors from Can You Case It:
CYCI#127

along with the sketch from Sunday Stamps:


And here we go! 


I started out with some watercolor paper that is really crappy...but I hate to waste anything so, I am striving to make the best of it!  SU's is really the best, I just wish in came in bigger pieces!  Anyway, I stamped my submarine in Stazon and used an aquatpainter and inks in Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and Cool Cucumber to color my image:


You can see how the image bled, even after drying it with a heat tool!  I gave the fishies and the periscope a little highlight with my white gel pen and stamped some speckles with the current Paper Pumpkin set.  I rounded the top edges with a corner punch, tore the bottom edge, added a banner sentiment and some baker's twine to finish it off.  Oh, and I added some Candy Dots too!  I mounted it all on a Bermuda Bay panel that was embossed with the Decorative Dots EF.  It's corny but cute!   Hope your day is wonderful!

Missin' this little funny face!





12 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love those colors and I don't think the bleeding takes anything from it, just makes it more watery and fun.

mudmaven said...

I agree with Lorraine. It just makes it look more watery!

She'll be home before you know it and you can get back to normal.

~chris

HolyLise said...

Wow, this is such a cute card LeAnne! The submarine is really pretty :)
Thanks for joining us at this week's CYCI challenge - Josefine

Kim said...

LeAnne, what a great card. I think the bleeding helps to add to the watery look. Thanks for joining the challenge at CYCI! -Kim

char said...

Hi Leanne, I Love the water color look and you do not notice the bleeding at all. The card is really cute!! Thanks for playing with us at CYCI this week. Char

Joan V said...

Love this card.

Unknown said...

I think the card is really cute and fun!!

Heidi Baks said...

LeAnne, you did a fabulous job rescuing your watercoloring! I love the hand-torn tag. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Jeanne Bobish said...

LeAnne, you did a fabulous job on this card! I love the submarine and how you used the colors. Great job! Jeanne

Unknown said...

LeAnne, I just love your fun and colorful tag! You did such a great job of incorporating this week's colors! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It? - Elizabeth Jeanne (Happy Stamper)

Annette Elliott said...

This is super! Love your water coloring! The bleeding actually looks like you planned it... excellent card for this weeks sketch challenge, LeAnn! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sunday Stamps! :)

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just love this card! The colors are so FUN and bright! You did a great job with your watercoloring and the little submarine and sentiment are perfect! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX