Monday, July 25, 2016

This is the Day!


Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  I know I did!  I had a chance to play with some new goodies...I have been doing some shopping lately!  I am really disciplined for a long time and then BAM!  I just have to treat myself to some new stuff!

This card is not for any particular challenge, but just for fun!  I used some papers from Fancy Pants called Park Bench...this little 6x6 pad just sort of jumped in my cart when I was visiting the new Hobby Lobby several weeks ago, LOL!  I paired it with a new stamp set and die from Papertrey called Inspired Lord:


Isn't that die beautiful?!  I mounted everything on a Crumb Cake card base, and added a few sequins; honestly, the paper and diecut are so pretty, I just didn't feel it needed anything else!


I stamped this image on the inside; it is from a new-to-me company called Right at Home, and the set is called Color In Sentiments:


I used a blender pen and Marina Mist ink to color it in in an ombre style!  And here is my sweet partner in (shopping) crime, Debbie!  We attended a stamp show in Wilmington, DE, met a few friends, saw lots of stamps and cards and even got to do a make-n-take!  Thank you to Lisa at Right at Home, who took this photo.....Debbie and I were too busy gawking at all the goodies to think about taking any pictures!


Have a blessed day!

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oo shopping for crafty stuff - always fun! Love the new die cut and the cheery papers - a lovely card for a Monday thought for the day!

Dawn Tidd said...

What a gorgeous die cut, LeAnne! Those papers are gorgeous. Is that lace across the band? It's stunning whatever it is! Looks like you had a fun shopping trip? :)

mudmaven said...

Oh my - how gorgeous! And to think I will be passing right by the HL on my way to a downline dinner tonight. Maybe I can see if that lovely paper jumps into my basket too! ~chris

Wendy said...

This card is a beauty, LeAnne! The paper & diecut are perfect together! Looks like you had a fun day at the stamp show...great way to beat the heat! Have Monday!

I Card Everyone said...

I can tell by the smile on your face that you had such a good time! AND by the beauty, and thought in your card today! So pretty! I might go see what jumps into my cart at HL!
=]

Crystal Komara said...

Oh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this paper LeAnne! I'm such a paper freak. Crystal

Cheryl Mooney said...

This card is beautiful! The colors, the design, ooh that die cut! and a bit from one of my favorite passages!!

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like the two of you were having a wonderful crafty time!! Your card is so pretty. Love that paper. You're right too about the paper and die standing perfectly on their own!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this diecut! So striking in black with your pretty paper!!

jengd said...

Lovely card! And I bet you guys had a great time and got in some fun shopping. Reminds me of the time we met. :)