Sunday, July 10, 2016

Paper Players 303


Happy Sunday, everyone!  Phew, it's been HOT here in PA...lots of humidity and well, HEAT!  I was happy to stay inside and stamp a little bit for the Paper Players, even though Nance's color challenge really did challenge me!  But in the end, I loved it!  Here ya go:
 

Really packs a punch, right?!  I liked the most recent Paper Craft Crew Card sketch, so I went to work: 

PCCCS 162-205-011

A family member is going through a rough patch, so I thought this would cheer her up!  


I used Playful Palette DSP, and the chevron from Work of Art; flowers from the Paper Pumpkin set All About Everything; and the sentiment from another older PP kit!  I added some pearls (more PP!) and used a button from my stash and some retired Island Indigo ribbon for the embellishment:


The inside sentiment and "swoosh" are from All About Everything, and I added a little heart from Work of Art:


I hope that you'll play along with these fun colors!  I can't wait to see what you create!  Hop on over to the PP blog to see what the other team members have created, or you can check them out here:

And here's a photo of  my little grand-niece Emma, the birthday girl, having a snack before she celebrates with cake (that's Dana, John & me in the background!):



and then it was down to some serious cake-smashing!




By the time she was done, there was cake EVERYWHERE!  And I'm thinking that beautiful high chair was probably used by daddy and a few other relatives as well!

Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

Nancy Dynes said...

What a lovely card in such a pretty color palette! Happy birthday to little Emma!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Wendy said...

Your card is amazing, LeAnne! Love the colors and your beautiful design! I'm sure it will bring the recipient a good feeling to know that someone cares. Happy Birthday to Emma! She's a cutie! Yes, it's been terribly HOT & HUMID here in PA. Today it's to be a bit nicer....enjoy it before the 3 H's return!

mudmaven said...

You totally rocked these colors! Absolutely gorgeous. ~chris

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful card LeAnne, so dreamy!! Little Emma looks like a sweetie pie!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a lovely card LeAnne - such a great use of these bold colours! I love that PP flower stamp - the second card I've seen made with it this week. Great use of the splatters and co-ordinating DSP for your frame too. Emma looks like she had great fun with her cake!

stampwithsandy said...

I'm crazy about this card, LeAnne! The colors look so bright and happy and your stamping is perfect!

Nance Leedy said...

This is gorgoeus, LeAnne! As always, your collage stamping is perfection and you've combined the colors effortlesly. Love how the splatter stamp coordinates with the splatter print DSP. Thanks for rockin' my colors this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you did rock these colors! Beautifully put together! Sweet baby and oh I love the high chair!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, your card is AMAZING! I love what you did with this color combo! WOW! That background paper rocks. This will certainly brighten the recipients day!
Baby Emma is ADORABLE! Oh, I could eat her up! Big Hugs! XX

Colleen Begley said...

As usual, I just love the details you put into your cards like this. These colors look so great together here. I would never think to put those chevron stripes in and the look so perfect.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, before I get to your card - Emma is a scene stealer! What a darling. :-) I love how you showcased the colors with so much texture on the background. I love the flowers and the little banner. Fabulous way to combine both challenges. Hugs Jaydee