Tuesday, July 5, 2016

TSOT278 Birthday Wishes


Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Feels like Monday again, doesn't it?  This week will zip right by, hopefully!  It's time for another Try Stampin on Tuesday sketch, this time with the option of "blue":


What a great sketch!  Lots of room for stamping, DSP or whatever!  I chose not to use the blue, although it is my favorite color, but I had some Along the Shore DSP scraps sitting on my desk, so I decided to use them and Flirty Flamingo for my "vintage" card today:


I was able to use several of my favorite stamp sets here:  Butterfly Basics, Touches of Texture, and Timeless Texture!  The DSP has an ombre pattern to it, so I placed the lighter portion at the top of my panel and stamped the floral image from Touches of Texture in Watermelon Wonder, then lightly colored them with Flirty Flamingo ink and a blender pen.  I also added the lacy stamp, some speckles, and the postmark stamp from Butterfly Basics:
   

I stamped a piece of Flirty Flamingo with various images to create my background, then mounted both pieces on some Crumb Cake and distressed the edges.  I stamped the sentiment on another piece of the DSP:


Finally, I added a couple little layered butterflies and some Flirty Flamingo ribbon and linen thread:


I have several friends who have July birthdays, so one of them will be receiving this card!  Thanks for popping in, and I hope you'll play along with our sketch!  You can see all the details at the TSOT blog, or you can submit your creation on our Facebook page as well!

Here's a photo of me with my younger sister Joyce at my nephew's annual Fourth of July party!  It was a little damp but we had a great time!


Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

mudmaven said...

You can tell that you are sisters! Looks like you had fun. Love the card, as always. ~chris

Nancy Farrell said...

Great card. Beautiful picture. I have two sisters and I'm in the middle. We had a great July 2nd family wedding. Great memories.
:)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.
Great photo of you two lovely sisters.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Just love all the different textures and stamps you used but I especially love the color!! Great job with the challenge! Wonderful photo of your July 4th celebration even though it rained. We just managed to get a bike ride in before the rain came yesterday but we still had a nice holiday! :)

Carol L said...

I really like this pretty card with the floral image and great colors, but the photo of you and your sister is fantastic! You could pass for twins! Happy 5th of July - better late than never :)

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne I love this! Just gorgeous!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous LeAnne - I love the ombré effect on the paper, so subtle yet effective. Wonderful collage effect too - I'm taking notes!

Judi said...

Love your cards! Layout on this one is super. You are both adorable❣