Wednesday, July 13, 2016

TSOT279 Coffee Card


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  The week is almost halfway over!  I liked this week's sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesday, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  First, let me say that I LOVE coffee...I think one of man's greatest inventions is the coffee maker that has a timer so that when I get up in the morning the COFFEE IS ALREADY MADE!!!  BUT....I have not jumped on the coffee-cardmaking-blog bandwagon, for some reason.  I was pretty sure I didn't even have any coffee-themed stamps!  Not sure why....I guess I just like to drink it, not stamp about it.  But I saw this really cute Hero Arts set(CL758) and it comes with the frame and a lot of little words to fit inside.  And coffee was one of them!  So....I made a coffee card!


I have had this DSP for such a long time, I don't even know who makes it, but the bottom panel is the flip side of the big polka dot panel.  I embossed it with a Tim Holtz EF....and get this.  I didn't even realize this was a coffee cup embossing folder.  I bought it because I thought it looked like sand pails and I thought it was cute!  So I DID have something coffee-related and I didn't even know it!  Anyway, I sponged it to make it look a little vintage, and I stamped the frame in Early Espresso (hah) on Soft Sky, trimmed around it, then overstamped it with the Linen background stamp and some coffee stain images from Timeless Textures:


Then I remembered!!!  I DID have coffee stamps! I had a really, really old set from Rubbernecker called Coffee & Tea Inchies, so I stamped a couple of them on some brown polka-dotted paper and added an "enjoy" to finish it off.


So now that I have a coffee card, I am not sure to whom to send this!  And for what reason?  I guess that's why I never made a coffee card before.  Perhaps I could get a Starbucks gift card for someone and stick it inside, right?!  Glad you stopped by to hear my little coffee ramble today!  

Grampy surprised Cassidy by jumping in the kiddie pool with her yesterday afternoon after he came home from work!


And of course, Grampy is so easily tormentable!


Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I think your love of coffee is so strong [pun intended] that you subliminally buy things coffee related! OH does that look like a great idea Grampy had ... it's HOT I'm telling you!
=]

Wendy said...

Just love your vintage style coffee card, LeAnne! I am in the same boat as you about making coffee cards. Who & Why?! I own every coffee stamp set that SU has ever had and still don't know, who & why? LOL Anyways, your card is so cute especially that coffee cup embossing folder that sorta does remind you of sand buckets! Love the different layers too! Looks like Grampy was having fun with Cassidy in the pool yesterday....it certainly was a great day for it! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

KimCreate said...

Hi, cute card! I too, wonder what to do with coffee cards after I make them? I myself love coffee, tho.

Dawn Tidd said...

Love this, LeAnne! The DSPs are great and love the embossing! So funny that you thought they were sand pails!! Grampie's are so much fun!! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Layers of caffeinated goodness LeAnne!! Love the patterns, embossing and of course those sweet polka dots!! That grumpy is a good sport. And with this heat, I"m sure he enjoyed every minute of it!!