Saturday, July 16, 2016

SR338 and JAI320 Birthday


Happy Saturday, peeps!  Hope you have something fun planned!  I've got a masculine birthday card to share with you; it's for my nephew, and it uses the colors from Stampin' Royalty and the sketch from Just Add Ink:
JAI #320

I never quite know in which direction to go when created a card for a young man!  This is a mix of eclectic vintage images with some silver accents thrown in:


My base was stamped with a Simon Says Stamp grid background, and added a lot of elements from Timeless Textures randomly along the edges.  A scripty image (Artistic Outpost's The Outpost) was stamped horizontally as well.  I stamped the watch image (also Artistic Outpost's The Outpost) in Night of Navy and fussy-cut it out and mounted it on a circle of Mint Macaron.  I added a banner and a sentiment from last month's Paper Pumpkin and popped everything up with some dimensionals.  I just couldn't figure out what to use for the embellishment, and in the end, to follow through with the tree image, diecut some silver leaves with the Flourishes die.  I added some Silver Encore speckles on the card base as well!


Thanks for popping in today!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!

A week of Vacation Bible School just wore her out!


11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my this is fabulous! So many interesting details to see on this card.....plus fabulous s/s/s!

Wendy said...

This is an awesome masculine card, LeAnne! Love the colors you used and the neat stop watch image! This is definitely a great card for a young man with all that texture on the cardbase and those 2 little silver foiled leaves! Your nephew is going to love it! TFS and have a great day! :)

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love all the different elements and the colors.
That will probably be me next weekend as we are having VBS this coming week at our church. I am doing the crafts. :)

Denise Willerton said...

Oh LeAnne ~ I adore your card...and yes, VBS can take it all out of these little ones :-) ~ enjoy our weekend

Karren said...

This is fabulous LeAnne! Just perfect for a male and I just love that background!

Christine Blain said...

Such a great masculine card, LeAnne. I love that you added silver accents to the gorgeous colour combo. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

laurie said...

Great guy card...perfect colors and design! Such a sweet Sleeping Beauty too!

Nikki Spencer said...

Fab card LeeAnn! It's perfect for a guy, the grunge elements from Timeless Textures are such a great effect. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.
Goodness she is getting so grown up! xx

Jan Clothier said...

This is wonderful! I love the Timeless Textures + extras background, the little pops of mint and that image of the watch and house (hometime) is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant man card - I love the background and mix of stamping images all together. Chantell JAI

Tina said...

What a fabulous masculine card! I love all of the grungy elements, and I think your leaves were the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.