Sunday, July 17, 2016

Paper Players 304 CAS Watercolor

 

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Another Paper Players challenge is here, this time with Jaydee as our lovely hostess and she has chosen a wonderful CAS challenge for us:


I love to watercolor line images, but I thought I would stretch myself a little and do a different technique today; it's been done lots of times before, but I usually don't have much success with it!  I managed to create this look on the first try, though:


I diecut a panel of SU's watercolor paper with a Lil'Inker stitched die, then inked up the fern from Butterfly Basics with Cucumber Crush ink, lightly spritzed it with water from a spray bottle, then stamped my image quickly.  I love the effect it created:


I added a few speckles from my trusty Itty Bitty Backgrounds, and then stamped a sentiment  from Watercolor Wishes at the bottom and added a "swoosh" from Work of Art in Soft Sky:


I added an enamel dot, then mounted it on a Soft Sky card base.  Quick and easy!  I hope you'll find some inspiration from the samples the DT created!  You can check them out on the PP blog, or right here:

The "I-don't-want-to-have-my-picture-taken" smile:


Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Oh this is gorgeous, LeAnne! Love the watercolor effect you've given the fern and the extra speckles are just perfect. Such a serene design--love it!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how the fern turned out! I haven't tried ithis technique but I just might now I see how pretty the results are!

Wendy said...

This is super pretty, LeAnne! I love the hint of blue watercoloring under your sentiment and that gorgeous Cucumber Crush fern! Another amazing card! TFS and Happy Sunday! :)

Dawn Tidd said...

This is so sweet, LeAnne! I love the simplicity of the fern with the spatters and all the white space. Nice card!

laurie said...

I love this technique....looks awesome with that fern!The splatters are fun, and I love that enamel dot. Gorgeous card!

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely and peaceful LeAnne, beautifully done!! Cassidy is cute no matter what kind of smile ;)

Colleen Begley said...

Simple, elegant and happy! This is such a nice way to say "Hello." I love this technique and don't do it often enough. I have a few older sets that it's perfect for. This is really pretty.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I usually make a big mess when I try this kind of watercolouring so kudos to you for producing such a lovely fern! Such a great CAS card - you've inspired me to have a go at recreating it!

Claire Broadwater said...

CAS perfection, LeAnne! I love this gorgeous fern!
Cassidy is adorable in every picture! XX