Thursday, July 14, 2016

SIP56 and FMS245 Joy To The World


Happy Thursday, all!  Can you handle another Christmas card?  The Stamp Ink Paper challenge is Christmas in July, so I combined it with the Freshly Made Sketches sketch from Jen M:

SIP Theme 56 800

This is the first time I've pulled out This Christmas Specialty DSP....aren't these patterns pretty?


I received the Christmas set Jolly Christmas at the very end of the holiday catalog period last year, so this is the first time I've inked it up!  I used Rose Red to stamp the sentiment, then Mint Macaron to do some snowflakes.  I used an Impression Obsession die (Pine Boughs) to diecut some greenery in MM and Garden Green, then added a bow from the Mini Treat Bag thinlet:


And here's a little trick to get added value from your Layering Squares dies....if you look very closely, you can see where I actually adhered two pieces together (cut a straight edge across one of your squares), lining up the scallops to fit my stamped piece.  I love doing this....it's barely discernible and it's like getting a free set of rectangle dies!  Finally, the inside is stamped with sentiments and images from the Paper Pumpkin Christmas set from last year:


Thanks for popping in today!

 Cassidy learned to ride a two-wheeler, but the trike is still the best mode of transportation when you want to haul around the babies!



Have a blessed day!

11 comments:

Gingin said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! Love the colors you used so festive! Very creative how you made the scalloped border with your dies. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

Wendy said...

Beautiful Christmas card, LeAnne! Love the dsp and your gorgeous pine sprigs! I haven't made a Christmas card since March.....guess I need to get on board! LOL Loved the pictures of Cassidy taking her babies for a bike ride..lots of fun! TFS and stay cool today! It's suppose to be OPPRESSIVE! Blah!

I Card Everyone said...

I can totally handle another ... it's beautiful, and cooling =] Better safe than sorry when it comes to those babies - so cute!
=]

laurie said...

This is so pretty! I love how you did the sprig with a cute bow. I like that sentiment,too.

I wish I could still fit on a trike...looks like fun!!

Have a great day!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this one LeAnne!! Not that I don't like the others LOL, but I'm kinda smitten with this one!! That's a great way to transport those babies!!

Unknown said...

Your card is SO pretty!! I just love it!! Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!! Merry Christmas in July.

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne, I am in love with that dsp. I always enjoy seeing your entry and seeing what Cassidy is up to. Reminds me of my own girls at that age. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet holiday card! I love the little gathering of boughs! And I love the baby carrier on the trike! So cute!

Jen Mitchell said...

That's a very handy trick to create a rectangle when you don't have one. If you hadn't mentioned it I doubt I would have seen the line between the two squares! And I love seeing Christmas cards this time of year. It reminds me that I better get going for real on my own! I love the colors on this and the two DSP patterns are perfect for the sketch!

Unknown said...

LeAnne, this is yet another beautiful card from you! Though I come to expect nothing less!! : ) I love the colored little branches, what a nice 3D touch. Thanks for joining us again at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week! Crystal

Jen Brum said...

What a great Christmas card LeAnne! I love those pine boughs and the gorgeous DSP! Green and red area always the best Christmas colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!