Saturday, July 9, 2016

CCMC414 and PPA308 Birthday for Emma


Happy Saturday, peeps!  I took a couple days off from my blog and went to visit my dad at the Delaware shore!  It was a nice little break!  But today we have a birthday party for my niece's youngest....she is an Irish twin!  I had never heard of that expression before, but little Emma and her older sister Lucy will both be one year old for about six weeks, until Lucy celebrates her second birthday in August!  My niece is a trooper, keeping up with these two!  They're adorable!  Anyway, I thought the colors from Create with Connie and Mary were fun and fresh:

CCMC414

And I matched them up with the Pals Paper Arts sketch from my sweet friend Ann:
ppa308

I realized I don't have many "kids" stamps, so I pulled out my old standby, Storybook Friends, and some new Fruit Stand papers:


I stamped the image with Stazon and added some coloring with markers, then a sentiment from the same set at the bottom, along with one from an older Paper Pumpkin set at the top:


I made a "faux" candy dot with a little circle stamp and some Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers!  I also stamped the same dot and a little flower from Itty Bitties on the DSP!  Finally, the inside was stamped with a sentiment and candle from Sweet Stuff.  Oh, and I did add a Tangelo Twist ribbon too!


At one year old, I am sure Emma will be more interested in her gift than the card, but it was still fun to make!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy is still on vacation, but I did hear she finally learned to ride her bike without training wheels!  Woohoo!






14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh LeAnne, this is just most darling birthday card for that little Emma! I've not heard that expression 'Irish Twins' either - family has a few of those!! Enjoy your summer! xx
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Hi there!! You went to the Delaware shore, I went to Virginia Beach! So much catching up to do!! I took a run back through all of the fabulous cards, I've missed while away. The button card is ever so sweet and that little submarine is too cute. Your birthday card for Emma is darling. I've never heard that expression before. It does sound like your niece has her hands full!! Mine has a 20 month old and 4 month old identical twins, all boys ~ EEK!! Oh and I love your sailboat ColourQ card too. Cute photo of you with you sister and I always love seeing Cassidy!!

Lisa Elton said...

oops...almost forgot...missed you!!

Jenny Engelke said...

This is so very cute LeAnne! I love the peach shading on the duck! It looks awesome with the darker orange get and bill. He really stands out in the bright green grass! Your faux candy dot is totally neat too! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Dawn Tidd said...

This is just too cute, LeAnne! I love this duck and had forgotten all about that stamp set. He looks like he is bringing a big 'ole birthday greeting to that special 1 year old too. The colors are all perfect together too. Glad you had a nice beach get-away!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love this card LeAnne - that duck is just too cute and perfect for a first birthday card! I'm sure Emma will love it (or rather your niece will appreciate it!) Irish twins, what an unusual expression! I thought I was mad at times with two under two - two under one, wowsa! Glad you enjoyed your bloggy break - we all need one of those from time to time and Delaware sounds lovely! Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, LeAnne! This is card is too cute! The colors are so bright and cheery...and I love this little goose. Thanks for playing with the Sketch Team at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love it! You created a most adorable card. Love that duck and how you colored him in. You did a wonderful job with the color challenge! Thank you for stamping along with the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge

Chris Slogar said...

Completely adorable! I love the mix of patterns and especially the stamped designer paper! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Susan Itell said...

TOOOOOOOO cute for words! I wish that I had this card in my hands as I think that I would be smiling even more! So cute, so fun! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Lisa Martz said...

This is cute...made me giggle...all I could think of was the Aflac duck wishing a Happy Birthday! Great DSP patterns and fun accents. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

libbystamps said...

Oh my. To. Cute. Just, too cute! Love the little duck! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Mary Brown said...

As always LeAnne...what a delightful card! That little goose with a touch of Peek-a-boo Peach...the yummy dsp all layered together...PERFECTION! Thanks for laying along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

This card is just SO sweet! I want you to know that I purchased Storybook Friends because of you a long time ago! lol! Great to see it out and used again! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!