Sunday, July 3, 2016

Paper Players 302 Christmas in July


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Sandy is our Paper Players hostess today, with a theme near and dear to my heart:  Christmas in July!  Woohoo!  Never too early to start on those holiday cards!


I decided to let some My Mind's Eye Merry & Bright papers do most of my work today:


I trimmed this notebook-style paper down to fit my Soft Sky card base, tying some baker's twine so the seam wouldn't show!  I added a little medallion stamped with Kinda Eclectic, a banner stamped with a Paper Pumpkin sentiment, and little brad embellishment from the same MME line:


a little diecut cardinal popped up on a dimensional (Impression Obsession's Cheery Cardinals):


and a few Champagne glimmer paper stars, randomly placed:


Most all the rest of it was already printed on the paper....love it!  Does this get you in the mood to do some Christmas stamping?  Share it with us at the Players!  Meanwhile, check out the lovely samples the DT has come up with:  
And speaking of  our design team, we have asked all the guest designers to stay on for a little bit longer!! Woohoo! 

A little visitor to my patio...I don't think I have ever seen a chipmunk this close to the house!  He was checking out the sunflower seeds scattered from the feeder:


 Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

mudmaven said...

Gorgeous card and it might just get me in the mood for Christmas cards! ~chris

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So lovely LeAnne - you are the queen of vintage and I love the fresh colours of this Christmas creation! Gorgeous!!

laurie said...

I love all the details in your vintage Christmas card...very festive! Love those bits of glitter too!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, once again you prove how easily you moved from one genre to the next. This vintage feel card still has so many modern elements and you blend them together beautifully.
Love your little Chipmunk. What a cutie.
hugs
jaydee

Kim P said...

Love the vintage paper with the unexpected touches of soft blue. Very pretty and fun card! I need to get going on my Christmas cards, so I will be playing along!

Colleen Begley said...

Another Vintage style card to be envious of! Super cute, LeAnne. I love how you add bits here and there and they look so perfect.

JoAnn said...

Very nice card. Love the papers and design.

Linda Callahan said...

I love that paper.....and all your added details are Fabulous!

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne this is the sweetest card ever! Love those vintagey papers and the little cherub. The chipmunk is so cute too, he looks like he belongs on the card!

Jen Mitchell said...

A vintage masterpiece! And I love those glittery stars!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh, I love the colors in this--so vintagey and cheerful! The images are fabulous and I love the sunburst you added--great card!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, you always amaze me with you vintage cards! This is so pretty! Every detail is perfect! XX

AlisonC said...

I'm always looking for new ways with sentiments so I've pinned this as it's a great idea. Just have to remember to look at my board! Fun and cheerful.