Sunday, July 24, 2016

Paper Players 305 Moroccan Hi


Happy Sunday, peeps!  It's time for another Paper Players challenge...this time I am the hostess and I have a sketch for you!


Lots of fun elements to play with in this sketch!  For my card, I chose to use some of the new Moroccan DSP, paired with a retired set called Epic Alphabet:


This is another one of the cards where I let the paper do most of the work, LOL!  My vertical piece and the lower banner are all from the same Moroccan DSP, and the upper banner is a piece of Delightful Dijon, stamped with the diagonal stamp from Gorgeous Grunge.  I stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay, then added a few lines of color, to brighten it up a bit, and the star (also Epic Alphabet) was stamped once, then reinked and turned a quarter and stamped again, right on top, so that I got a totally different look to it:


Since I already had my baker's twine stash out from yesterday's card, I added a little "banner" of raveled twine at the top for a little fun!  An enamel star (which I realize does NOT match my colors....oh dear), which I seem to be quite enamored with lately, finished it off!  

How will you interpret this fun sketch?  Wait til you see what the DT came up with...they are so creative, it never ceases to amaze me!  Check them out:
Grampy had a mouse problem in the garage, and regular traps weren't working, so he put some birdseed in a big bucket and sure enough, he caught a wee little mouse one night:


Of course, he showed it to Cassidy, who immediately wanted to keep it as a pet and kept checking on it all day long.  Grampy had to make it "run away"....but please don't tell her!


Have a blessed day!

9 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love a card where the paper does the talking LeAnne and this uses a great paper set! Perfect with your bold sentiment and I love the star and the fun tassel peeking out behind too. This is such a great sketch - don't be surprised if you see me use it plenty more times yet! As for the mouse - well done Grampy both on catching it and letting it 'run away'!

Brent Scheffer said...

I like the way the DSP seems to chime in with the greeting. I am guessing you manually colored the "hi" letters. Great card!

Lisa Elton said...

For some odd reason your card is not showing up for me here. Headed over to the Paper Players blog and it's not showing up there either! Some of the others are missing there too. Must be a blogger thing. But I feel confident in saying it was as fabulous as all of your work!! I'll check back. Cute little mouse, cute photo of Cassidy!

Linda Callahan said...

You sure know how to mix patterns and colors! Pretty card! Poor little mouse must have escaped through a hole in the bucket...lol...

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

LeAnn this card is FABULOUS! Love the color combo and the mix of texture designs. Hugs.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, great use of the DSP and I love the way you colored the sentiment to match the background. Poor mouse!
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, these colors are just fantastic! I love this card! Such a great sketch to work with, too! I will use it over and over! That little mouse would have to find a new home. I don't do rodents. YIKES! XXX

Nance Leedy said...

Love that you let this gorgeous paper shine on your card, LeAnne! Beautiful colors and your details are just perfect. Love it! This was a great sketch, my friend!

Colleen Begley said...

Love the DSPs you've used for your card this week. My best description is "Happy" for your card. It will certainly make some lucky person happy to receive it, that's for sure. Also, this is a great sketch that I've saved in my "sketches" folder to use again.