Friday, July 1, 2016

FMS243 and LRW348 Fancy Buttons


Happy July, everyone!  Wow, June just zipped by, didn't it?!  I am looking forward to a nice holiday weekend, though!  First, a little card using the Freshly Made Sketches sketch and the theme from Little Red Wagon, which is "Button it Up!".  Here's the sketch


First, I just have to confess to Brenda at LRW that it was not my intention to CASE her card as I did, but when I first saw the challenge, I immediately thought of this Papertrey set, Button Boutique, that hadn't seen ink for a looooong time!  When I went back to check the challenge, I realized I had used a lot of similar elements in my card!  So kudos to Brenda, as her card must have really made an impression!  You can judge for yourself:


Another "disclaimer"....I made this card with some pretty Graphic 45 papers my sweet friend Debbie gave me (Secret Garden); I thought this little gingham print would match the Flirty Flamingo In Color we have now....I blithely went along stamping and having fun and then when I photographed it...uh oh, those colors don't really match too well!  Oh well!  It's done and done!    So enough rambling....I stamped the button card in Calypso Coral and Flirty Flamingo, then sewed on some vintage buttons from my stash.  I don't usually use real buttons anymore on my cards because of the bulk, but since I will probably hand-deliver this card, I went for the shabby seam-binding bow as well!  I used SU's Very Vanilla and some cotton thread:


And finally, since it looked a little off-kilter, I added a needle (I probably have hundreds in my sewing stash) and used a little of the same thread:


I love this effect, even if my colors don't match, LOL!  And on the inside, I stamped some more of the elements from the set along with a sentiment from SU's Cottage Greetings:


I don't know why I haven't used this set more...it's so fun!

And speaking of fun, Cassidy and a new-found friend were having fun with some measuring cups, a few empty detergent bottles, and a bucket....who says you need expensive toys, right?!  This kept them busy for a long time!



 

Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

thestampinglady said...

Love the cards...awesome job.

stampwithsandy said...

So cute!!! Love the buttons!

Dawn Tidd said...

These stamps are adorable! Love the gingham DSP and of course, you bow. Along with that button card it's all fantastic!

lisa808 said...

What a darling card! Love the needle and thread embellishment.

Margaret said...

Over the top - I LOVE it! The colors are great together. I love absolutely everything about this card!

Brenda said...

LeAnne! I love what you did with your card. Similar yes, but you've taken it to the next level! Love that you used real buttons (my original intention:) and I love the addition of the needle which is brilliant. I love your second card too and agree, this is such a fun set. I'm so glad you joined us at LRW!

Amy O said...

I'm glad you pulled this stamp set out! I haven't seen it in a while, and I love it too. And it's perfect with the sketch! Cute card, LeAnne.

Jen Timko said...

I just have to take a moment to discuss that bow. You are still the queen of the "shabby" bow.....gorgeous! Such a great card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, those colors don't match perfectly but they do complement each other beautifully! I love the whole vintage button theme and the addition of the needle and thread is brilliant!

Linda Callahan said...

This card is wonderful! It is soooooo you!