Monday, July 18, 2016

Eggplant and Wisteria Sympathy Fun Fold


Happy Monday, peeps! Hope you had a good weekend!  I mentioned last week that I was going to try to incorporate some of the colors that I rarely use into my crafting....I find that purples don't usually make it onto my table, so I chose Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant for my first attempt!  I also wanted to try this fun fold I saw on my friend Wendy's blog....you can see her beautiful card here. The link to the tutorial by Dawn Olchefske is also there.  So I pulled out some retired Wisteria Wonder DSP and went to work:


Sympathy cards are sad but necessary, and I needed one this week, so I pulled out Flourishing Phrases, which not only has beautiful florals, but wonderful "in-and-out" sentiments as well.  Above is the card folded together, and below is it open:


I stamped the flower twice, once in Elegant Eggplant and again in Wisteria Wonder, and then trimmed them and adhered them together with dimensionals.  


I stamped the flourish image on the inside with WW, stamping it once on scrap paper and again on a white panel, then added the Elegant Eggplant sentiment on top.


I added a few pearls but left the rest pretty simple!  Hope you enjoy it!

A little beach time this weekend!


12 comments:

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous card -- colors and fun fold!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne, especially in these colours. I might even adapt this to make with my care home residents - I think they will love it too!

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve Wisteria, and eggplant! this paper is gorgeous, LeAnne, as is your card, and that sweet Miss C!
=]

Wendy said...

OMWord, this is gorgeous, LeAnne! Love the 2 toned shades of purple and that gorgeous flower! The inside is just as beautiful as the outside! Love it!! Looks like Cassidy had a good time at the beach, the weather was perfect for it! TFS and Happy Monday! :)

Colleen Begley said...

Love those shades of purple. Interesting card design. I'll have to checkout the instructions and give it a try. Have a great week.

Lisa Elton said...

This is absolutely beautiful LeAnne! What a wonderful design. I'm not a purple fan either, but I do like Wisteria Wonder!! Cassidy's smile in this one is " I don't mind having my picture taken today"!!

mudmaven said...

Oh I do so love those purples! I still have Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace and Orchid Opulence on my desk and use them often! Looks like a wonderful beach day - soon ... we head east in the RV once school starts. ~chris

Denise Willerton said...

Beautiful card LeAnne...and beach days are the BEST!! 😊❤️🌊

*Vicki* said...

WOW! This is so beautiful LeAnne!! Really love the fold design and those colors are my fave! :) Gosh...wish I could go to the beach!! LOL!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous card! The fold takes it over the top. Can you please tell me how to make this fold? Mysanditoes@icloud.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and a cool fold. How is it done? Perhaps share on your blog, or email me at: mysanditoes@icloud.com. TIA!!!

lee said...

Made this card as a sympathy card. The recipient raved and said she plans to keep it. Thank you so much for posting so I could case this card. I will be making more for future uses. Unfortunately I have arrived at a time in my life when quite a few of my loved ones and friends are passing away and a beautiful handmade card is greatly appreciated.