Thursday, November 1, 2012

Two Sweet Cards

DSCF0484

Two cards today, both featuring something sweet!  The first one is for CASology 17, and the cue card is “sugar”:

I made another card first, but it wasn’t CAS enough, so I made this one using the Scentsational Seasons candy cane, stamped in Cherry Cobbler , with some snowflake embossing, a little scalloped square of Gumball Green and some Cherry Cobbler baker’s twine:
DSCF0482

The “sweet” is from Teeny Tiny Wishes…there is a sentiment “sweet treats” and I just markered the “sweet” and punched it out with the jewelry tag punch!  It very loosely uses the Fall To Layout #214 from Clean and Simple:

My next sweet card is for the Paper Smooches challenge this week, which is to make a gift card or money holder.  I used a free digital image, colored with Copics, and the iSpy sketch #39 for my card:

DSCF0486

A little sparkle on the candy canes:

DSCF0487

And on the inside, an envelope diecut with the SU Scallop Envelope die, in which to tuck a gift card or some moolah!!!

DSCF0488

Easy peasy!  Oh, and here’s the sketch, almost forgot:

If you have any questions, please be sure to shoot me an email!

Halloween was postponed until Friday in our neck of the woods, so I don’t have any pictures of Cassidy in her costume….that is, if she even allows her mommy to dress her in it!  I do have a couple of her “rearranging” my fall decorations on my porch.  She seems to be doing a lot of this lately!

DSCF0470DSCF0471

DSCF0472DSCF0473

DSCF0474DSCF0475

It’s still a bit windy here today, so we are a bit disheveled!!!  But thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

Linda said...

These are really sweet. I am going to have to have peppermint tea this morning.
Doesn't Cassidy like to dress up? I never did. She could be a pink marshmallow and just wear the sweat shirt. We had 10 children. That is a record for us. I thought here would be more because there seems to be a lot more children around now. I remember getting huge bags of candy. Did we eat all of that? Thank part I don't remember. I do remember the dentist visits though so I guess we did.
Have a great day LeAnne

Ardyth said...

Love both these sweet cards! That embossing behind your candy cane provides the perfect, interesting backdrop to a very clean and simple focal point! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both of your cards are fantastic LeAnne! Those candy canes are awesome. I am so so glad you finally have come to visit us at CASology! Hope you are hooked!

Sherry Eckblad said...

First off I have to say that Cassidy gets cuter everytime I see her. Love that pink hoodie.

Your cards are CAS perfection. How did you do just the strip of embossed snowflakes? Is that a thin die?

Katie Ann Brooks said...

what a sweet card, I love the details. Your little one is cute too!

Darlene Gabriel said...

SWEET is the perfect word for these cards (in more ways than ons;)) Gorgeous CAS card.
I am in love with the heart shaped candy image on your second card. I must go look for that. It's even better with the sparkles. Your seam binding ribbon/bow....perfect. Love the little envelope die on the inside.
So now Cassidy is into "exterior" decorating is she? A sweet girl of many talents I see;)

Heather P. said...

Great cards! And your daughter is such a cutie! :)

WeightWatcherGoneKeto said...

Hi, new to your blog...CAS? What is that? Beautiful cards...how did you emboss the thin strip in the first card?

Rosemary said...

sa-weet set of cards, leanne! your CASology is absolutely fabulously CAS!! thanks for playing along this week!

Jen W. said...

Love that fabulous embossed strip and the tiny tag on your first card and the bold colours on your second. (That green dotty paper makes me swoon!) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jean said...

They are both great cards ~ really like the first one ~ especially the embossing folder!

Bonnie said...

Two super sweet cards! And a super sweet decorator!