Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, John

DSCF0913
Today is DH’s birthday—Happy Birthday, honey!  I saw a nice sketch from Mary Jo’s  Technostamper Monday Sketch that fit the bill perfectly for the card I wanted to make for him:
Being the sailor that he is, I pulled out an old SU set and set to work with Cherry Cobbler and Pacific Point:
DSCF0912
Despite my best efforts with my photo editing program, this does not look like Pacific Point…it looks more like Brilliant Blue, but you’ll have to take my word for it!  Since John is a no-frills guy, this is a no-frills card!  I did use some embossing on the background, and a little Itty Bitty Banners sentiment & die for the greeting.  Any questions, be sure to pop me an email!  And here’s a picture of John getting ready to sail on his sailboat, Selah:
Selah
Enjoy your day!
Cassidy snagged a baby wipe to make a blankie for Lambie:
DSCF0840
Then used it to clean Lambie:
DSCF0833
Then used it to clean the piano stool (thanks, Cassidy!):
DSCF0836
Then had Lambie sit on the piano stool!
DSCF0837

12 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Wonderful masculine birthday card and the boat isn't too bad either. Happy Birthday to you DH.

Kim S said...

Oh...I'll be stealing this card! My husband has boat too and LOVES sailing!! Most people don't think of sailing in Colorado but our boat is docked at the highest yacht club in the world!! (When the water isn't frozen!)

Frenchie said...

Happy birthday John !!
My DH ,is also John , funny !!
Cassady she just to cute !!
You and yours also have a wonderful weekend !
Hugs frenchie

Linda Callahan said...

There is something wonderful about a sailboat! However I get so seasick at the slightest bobble I will never know what it is like to sail on one! Perfect card!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to John! Amazing card and wonderful picture of the boat. Adorable pictures of Cassidy. I just love her little lamb.

Bev Gomez said...

He LeAnne, Cool card for John. Love it and wow Cassidy is growing. Hugs, Bev

jengd said...

Great card! Happy birthday to the hubby!

MJ said...

This was the perfect sketch for this stamp--well, your creative mind made it the perfect sketch, love it! Great masculine card. Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week--sand for sharing Cassidy with us--she is so cute!

Terry said...

This looks great! I love the colors and the layout. I've got to make time to stamp some non-Christmas cards using a sketch challenge. I haven't done that for weeks now! Love the photos of Cassidy. Glad she's so diligent about caring for Lamby. :-)

Tracey McNeely said...

A fabulous card for your hubby, love the boat image. Happy Birthday John!

None None said...

This is schooner-ific, LeAnne! I love the colors and your take on the challenge. Please pass along a very happy belated birthday wish to your husband from me!

Patti said...

Love this card. The colors are perfect for a guy card. Great layout and image too. Cute pictures of Cassidy doing her "housework".