Monday, November 26, 2012

Merry Monday 43

DSCF1168

Well, it’s Monday, peeps, and it’s the last Merry Monday sketch of the year!!  If you’ve been following along with us, you should have a nice little stash of Christmas cards for your holiday mailing!  We’re going to take a little break, but we’ll be back in January with some fresh new stuff for you!!  But for now, here is the sketch Lesley has created for us this week:

I have to admit, this sketch threw me a bit; I am used to things in odd numbers, not even!  But I unhoarded some cool MME brads I had, inked up a new single SU stamp and made a shabby bow for my vintage-feel card:

MM43-LeAnne

If you’re going to have one brad, why not have six, right?  LOL!  These are some cool brads, for sure:

DSCF1167

I stamped some snowflakes on a piece of DP to add to the festive feel!  And if you need a tutorial on making this shabby bow, you can check out this post!    Hope this sketch inspires you to get some stamps and ink and play with us!  You can see all of the fabulous samples this week at Always Playing with Paper!

On Saturday, my daughter took Cassidy to see Santa at the Junior Grange, but there was no way she was getting near him!  She was more fascinated with the smaller children and BABIES!!!  She loves babies!  Luckily, we knew this baby…she and her family go to our church!

DSCF1150

DSCF1153

DSCF1160

Peeking at Santa….but won’t get close!

DSCF1156

Thanks for visiting---enjoy your day!

14 comments:

Kara said...

such a pretty card and Cassidy looks so sweet all dressed up!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the card and all those brads along with that beautiful bow. I too had the hardest time with the sketch. I think I over thought it.
Cassidy looks adorable in her dress and "dorothy" shoes.

Dawn Easton said...

OH this is brilliant, LeAnne! Love those MME goodies!!! So fun and festive!
Sweet pictures of Cassidy...love her pretty dress and sparkly shoes!

Lesley said...

Such sweet photos! Love 'em! Great card this week...the brads are cool!
Hugs!
Lesley

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, our Cassidy looks like an angel! I'm used to seeing bare feet - look at thos beautiful shoes! What a sweetie! Love your card, too, my friend - someone will really enjoy getting this one in the mail :) Have a great week!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card LeAnne, I love the bow and brads. I think I might have to look at getting that sentiment too :).

Linda said...

I tell you that is one smart granddaughter you have. She looks so pretty in her dress and red shoes.
Your card is great! I love the brads and the torn paper. You are so clever!

Tracey McNeely said...

The brads are just perfect for this sketch LeAnne, love your card. Maybe this week i can play. Cassidy looks like the belle of the ball. Every little girls must have a pair of ruby slippers!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful pictures of Cassidy - she is adorable in her Christmas outfit - love those shoes. I love the picture of her peeking at Santa.
I like your card for this week's Merry Monday sketch. Those brads are great and the shabby bow you are so masterful at making is gorgeous;)
Have a good week.

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic collection of brads, LeAnne! They're really special! Love this sentiment and the torn panel with your pretty bow! Doesn't Cassidy look pretty all dressed up for Santa. Too bad he couldn't get a close look.

jengd said...

I can only imagine how hard it was to use that many brads in one go! :) Pix of Cassidy are adorable- that one of her peeking around would be great for a photo card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I fell in love with your card as soon as I saw it in the gallery LeAnne - I LOVE those brads and your take on Lesley's sketch (I struggled for a bit when I first saw this sketch) - but you make it look easy!
ps. How pretty is Cassidy's dress!!!! Just loving it!

Margaret Moody said...

You really rocked this sketch, LeAnne! LOVE your idea of using brads and they look great against the stamped snowflakes! Love the chevron background paper too! Such a great card!

Susan Joyce said...


Totally love your card LeAnne. Never would have thought to use brads as the main focal point, gorgeous bow and DSP. Cassidy is adorable in Black and White and how cute are those red shoes.