Tuesday, November 27, 2012

City Crafter Challenge #137

DSCF0423
If you’re looking for my ColourQ card, you can check it out here!  Today, I have a special post for you!  I was excited to learn a few weeks back that one of my cards was a winner at the City Crafter Challenge Blog and this is the week that I am honored to be the guest designer!  The challenge theme is to make a Christmas easel card!  I hadn’t made an easel card for a while, so that was a good challenge for me!  Here we go:
DSCF0425
I used a Tim Holtz die for my reindeer, punching them from some musical DP, and sponged them for a vintage look.  I stamped some trees on some vintage DP (also TH) and mounted the deer on top.  I also added a little bell to each one’s neck!  The easel part of the card is held in place by a chipboard snowflake, covered with glitter, and a pretty little sentiment from Unity.  The red glimmer brad carries through the red color of the floss I used to hang the bells!
DSCF0422
I hope you’ll play along this week and share your Christmas easel card with us at the City Crafter Challenge blog!  Be sure to see what the other designers created this week….I am sure their cards will inspire you as well!  Any questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a holler!
DSCF0605

14 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh I love this card. Those Tim Holtz reindeer are on my want list.

Denise Willerton said...

super super sweet card ~ love the easel, love the reindeer, love the bells, and Cassidy caring for her little one :-) love it all LeAnne! Have a blessed day!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful card! I Love the deer! The color is amazing. Love It!
Now she has the idea. Wasn't she feeding her baby with??? I can't remember but I know it wasn't a bottle. So sweet. She does love babies.

Chris said...

hi LeAnne, It's been a while since I left a comment but I do check up to see what you're up to. I saw you easel card on City Crafter and had to tell you that it is beautiful, I love the reindeer cut from dp and all your sponging to give it the vintage look. It's just gorgeous - but not a gorgeous as your grand daughter, how sweet is she, I just want to pinch those cheeks.
hugs,
Chris V - Easily Amused and fellow former NJite - PS I hope if you have friends and family still in NJ that they weren't hurt by Sandy

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this card LeAnne, those reindeer are just perfect.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card !!! Congrats on yout GDT sweetie!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Congratulations on your win and being the guest designer. Your easel card is so pretty.I love the reindeer cut out of the musical DP and how you carried the musical theme with the bells around their necks. The trees stamped on the DP look great.
Cassidy is such a good little mother to her baby doll;)

MarcyK924 said...

Oh how beautiful LeAnne! Congrats on the GD spot! I'm going to try and create one of these fun easel cards! Hugs, Marcy

Kim S said...

Absolutely stunning!

Ros Crawford said...

This is a fabulous card ... I'm so glad that you could join us this week ... we love having you!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a lovely and festive holiday card, what a pleasure to have you this week at CCCB!

Linda Callahan said...

The reindeer are fabulous!

Bonnie said...

Love those deer, LeAnne! And the easel card is so perfect for showing them off!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card. Those reindeer look amazing. And so do those sparkly snowflakes. So glad to have you as our guest designer over at CCCB!

Hugs~