Monday, November 5, 2012

Merry Monday 40

DSCF0585

Happy Chilly Merry Monday, peeps!  Another cool Yule sketch from Lesley:

I flipped the sketch on its side and stamped my little gingerbread man from Scentsational Season:

MM40-LeAnne

I can’t believe this is the first time inking this little guy up!  I added a sentiment from More Merry Messages and a cool piece of burlap that I received as a gift.  I adhered it with a couple of strips of Snail adhesive, and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter on top; the glitter adhered to the little openings and added a fun glittery touch!  Too bad it’s hard to see here:

DSCF0584

Anyway, I hope you’ll play along with us!  It’s NOVEMBER already---time to get those Christmas cards started if you haven’t already!  Check out Always Playing with Paper to see all the other fun cards, and welcome my friend Sherry Eckblad as a new designer!!  If you have any questions about my card, please be sure to email me your questions!  Have a great day!

Playing in the suds…..who doesn’t love a good sink full of bubbles?

DSCF0535

14 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Your card is adorable LeAnne. I love that little gingerbread man and the burlap.
Thanks for the welcome I am so excited to be playing along with you every week.

Margaret Moody said...

I love your card, LeAnne! I have both of these sets and neither has seen ink! You've inspired me to get them out and play with them! As far as playing goes, you're right about a sink full of bubbles! Looks like sweet Cassidy agrees too!

Linda said...

Thank is the best game after a fun time making mud pies. LOL
Love the card. That is my gingerbread man. LOL I love him. Very cute card.

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I have been admiring your card in the gallery all week, LeAnne, as I am such a gingerbread freak! Absolutely love the paper, burlap, sentiment panel and of course, the cute gingerbread! Love, love, love!
Isn't it amazing the things kids can find that keep there attention! I rem my kids always loving to play in bubbles whether it be the sink or the bath tub. Cassidy sure looks like she's enjoying it too!
Have a great week ahead, LeAnne!

Bonnie said...

You're really making me want this set, LeAnne! And that burlap with the glitter is a fun idea! Cassidy looks like she's saying "Who, me?" What a happy face!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card LeAnne, the gingerbread man is so cute and the sentiment is perfect.

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a sweet card LeAnne, love the gingerbread man. Seeing Cassidy playing with the bubbles brings back memories on my two doing that too.

Lesley said...

She looks right at home in those suds! I love her t-shirt! Adorable. That die set and stamp set is super sweet LeAnne and yes, I had to buy More Merry Messages as well!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great looking holiday card. The burlap.adds nice dimension & so trendy. Love!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the sentiment you used LeAnne. I like the little Gingerbread man image too, must use it some more.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh yeah....playing in the suds... what fun and so good of Grandma to let her enjoy even if it makes a mess in the process;)
I like the way you turned this sketch and that white burlap is great. What a cute gingerbread guy.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi LeAnne,

Your card is darling, eloquent even!

Your little helper is TOO cute, I remember our little girls doing the dishes too, they make it FUN. Haha, I think there's a lesson in there for us!

Blessings,
Barb

Marie Bingaman said...

Ahhh, the burlap strip is the perfect little "country" accent to this card! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a cute card LeAnne - I've never seen that sentiment, very sweet. I love the addition of the burlap to your card.