Sunday, November 4, 2012

Paper Players 120

DSCF0571

Happy Sunday, everyone!  I hope you are having a blessed day!  Today, Ann has a wonderful theme challenge for us at the Paper Players:

I went waaaaay back into the archives to pull out a couple of retired SU stamps for my card today:

PP120

I stamped my basket of apples on watercolor paper and colored them with ink and an aquapainter.  Originally I had planned to use the flip side of this red Orchard Harvest DP, hence the three different-colored apples.  But when I laid it out, it was a bit too busy, so I flipped it for the less busy apple print!  

DSCF0572

And here is the inside of my card, using another oldie but goodie, paired with Perfectly Preserved!

DSCF0573

I also used the sketch from iSpy this week for my card:

And finally, I found a new blog, Stamp N Piece, and Rhonda has a Thankful Thursday challenge, so this will fit her challenge as well!  Thanks for stopping by….we at the Paper Players would be very thankful if you came along to play with us as well.  Please share your creation at the Paper Players blog and check out what the other designers have created as well!  And remember, if you have any questions about anything on my card, send me an email!

I gave Cassidy part of a pretzel the other day and she told me it was a turtle!!  When I looked at it, it WAS shaped like a turtle!  Imaginative kid!

DSCF0492

15 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

As always a great card both inside and out.
That Cassidy does have a great imagination.

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Thanks for sharing your talent, LeAnne. Your coloring is beautiful on that image and your little GD is so sweet. She does have a great imagination... Blessings

RobinH said...

great card .. I have both those stamp sets, time for me to dig them out and use them too, thanks for the inspiration!

Linda said...

OH she is so bright! and she eats my favorite food. That even looks like my favorite kind. What a sweetheart!
Fun card. I love the little basket. Wonderful coloring or painting.

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty - love the detail on the apple basket - you color beautifully! I color like Cassidy :)

Renee said...

I love this LeAnn it's gorgeous!

Patti said...

Great card. The water colored image is beautiful.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne - I love these colors!!! And your mix of prints, too! Oh, and your coloring! And, and, and....

LOL - Cassidy and her turtle are super cute! Smart girl!

Wendy said...

Very pretty card, LeAnne.....inside & out! How cool that Cassidy noticed it looked like a turtle! Very observing!! :)

Bonnie said...

That tiny basket of apples is so pretty against the gold and white checks. Love these colors together!

Jaydee said...

Fabulous coloring job, LeAnne. I also love that you replicated the gingham table cloth with your DSP. I also think turning the DSP around and using the polka dots really does help highlight the focal image. Gorgeous card! Cassidy... that sure is a clever girl!
hugs
jaydee

Leanne Whitby said...

What a stunning colour combination and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at iSpy!

Rhonda said...

What a gorgeous card LeAnne. Your verse choice for the inside is one of my personal favorites. Your little one is a cutie. Thanks for playing along with Thankful Thursday. Have a blessed week!

Amy White said...

Wow, that coloured postage stamp looks amazing - awesome colouring LeAnne!!

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors of your apples....fabulous watercoloring! Fabulous colors! Turtle pretzels....fun!