Monday, November 12, 2012

Merry Monday 41

DSCF0815

Happy Monday to everyone!  It’s time for another Merry Monday sketch from Lesley:

I was SO excited when I saw this sketch because I have been shuffling this Christmas banner around on my desk for several weeks now!  It came from a box of goodies I got several years ago, and I just love the images, the colors and the sentiment!  Plus I love things in threes!  So here it is:

MM41-LeAnne

We didn’t have much sunlight when I took the photo, so I hope you can see the details!  I printed out some digital gingham paper and mounted it on a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2” Crumb Cake card base, then added the banner and some snowflakes stamped and colored with Pool Party ink.  A little glimmer of Dazzling Diamonds and some burlap trim finished it off.  Here are some closeups:

DSCF0817

DSCF0816

I hope this inspires you to create a special Christmas card that you can share with me and the others at Lesley’s blog, Always Playing with Paper!  Can’t wait to see it!

Cassidy taking some time to play in the leaves with my niece:

DSCF0776

DSCF0778

DSCF0781

Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is gorgeous! Love that banner piece and the burlap. I just bought some Maya Road burlap ribbon so have to remember to use it.

lotta joy said...

You make beautiful children, grandchildren and nieces.

kat said...

Your card is so sweet and I love the use of burlap; I wouldn't have thought of that but it sure makes the card for me; that and the banner and little snowflakes......okay, it's the entire card. I can't seem to pick out one thing that is focal; it's all darling, just like Cassidy! thanks!

Kimie said...

OMGosh! This paper is gorgeous. I want some bad! :) This is a beautiful card and I love the sparkle. Yesterday's card was a beauty as well.

I never get tired of seeing pictures of Sweet Cassidy. Love these with the fall leaves and the pics of her and all the animals on your keyboard yesterday made me laugh. Children have a great imagination, and I love to see what she comes up with, much like my 3-yo grandson. TFS!

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, LeAnne! Love your banner and that strip of burlap! The sparkle is eye catching as well..LOVE it!
Adorable picture of Cassidy! My goodness she is getting so big!
Have a great week! :)

Lesley said...

Yeah! Happy you got to use some goodies you had in your stash. The banner is beautiful as are the photos of the girls.
Hugs!
Lesley

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne your card is just beautiful.

Bonnie said...

What pretty snowflakes and I love Santa flying across the sky and the wonderful sentiment!

Carole said...

Oh so pretty and inspirational. I did snow flakes in circles too!
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/2012/11/merry-monday-41-trio-of-possibilites.html

Kara said...

i love that piece with the town and santa flying over!!

Linda said...

Oh that banner is really wonderful and you put it on the perfect card. LOVE It!
I hear it was warm and beautiful the last few days. We had a high of 27 today. :(

Marie Bingaman said...

Oooooo, this is stunning!! Love the colors! :)

Margaret Moody said...

What a stunning card, LeAnne! I can see why you hung on to that banner for so long! So glad you finally found a use for it on this card! It's perfect! Love the colors and the sparkle too! Just beautiful!

Patti said...

Beautiful LeAnne. I love that banner; what a great idea to recycle it into your project.

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely card LeAnne, like your use of the burlap and the banner.

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card LeAnne, the banner is beautiful, and the sentiment is wonderful.

Narelle Farrugia said...

OOOOOHHHHHHH I love this card! Your banner is just fabuloius! You are my enabler you know- I had to go and buy burlap on the weekend!