Thursday, November 29, 2012

DS79 and IB52

DSCF1268

Happy Thursday, peeps!  I apologize for being late in posting these last few days…..the Christmas rush is on, and I just haven’t had time in the evenings to set up my posts!  I am sure you all understand!  I did see an adorable inspiration photo from Laurel at Inspired By, and I couldn’t pass it up:

This is straight from my era….a little 45 record cover (29 cents, no less) and that’s how I remember Santa looking when I was a kid!  I barely made a dent in my “vintage” Christmas stash with my card:

DSCF1270

Not quite the same era, but I thought he was cute! And what is with all the shades of green going on here?  I certainly covered all the green spectrum, didn’t I??  LOL!  I also used the Deconstructed Sketch #79, which I flipped on its side to make use of my little Santa image:

Deconstructed Sketch No. 79

I glittered him up pretty well, and added some ribbon, a little sticker embellishment and a diecut holly:

DSCF1271

DSCF1269

Thanks for visiting!  Remember, if you have any questions, just shoot me an email!

Today’s photos of Cassidy shows her feeding chicken (a pretend drumstick) to her farm friends…..although feeding a drumstick to a chicken seems a little macabre!!!

DSCF1245

DSCF1244

DSCF1242

9 comments:

Jen Shults said...

This is fantastic! I love the papers you used and the santa card is wonderful!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great cards LeAnne. Santa of any kind on a card just makes me happy.

Tracey McNeely said...

A great card LeAnne!

MarvA1ix said...

I love your card, and your thoughts on the 45 rpm record. My mom danced around singing that song all through the holiday season. I love it!
I have to get my hands on some vintage stuff for Christmas cards. Just seems so much fun.
Also love your GD feeding chicken to her chicken. My bird loves to eat scrambled eggs, and I feel terrible about it :)
Also, when my 8 yr old GD came last week she brought out the toy food to play with the little one. 11 mo old GD had never seen the toy food, but she knew right away it was to eat, and pretended with the NUMMMMmm sound. So cute to see them sipping tea cups together.

Laurel said...

Aren't you quick! This is wonderful! Love that Santa.

Sylvia said...

Love the mix of modern papers with the vintage, Santa, LeAnne! always nice to add some fun to the card making! Have a wonderful Friday and I don't think it will hurt if the chicken eats a drumstick, who knows maybe it is a turkey leg!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful Santa! He does bring back memories.

Bev Gomez said...

Hey LeAnne, I haven't commented much lately but this card and yesterdays and the day before and ......are all darling as the pics of Cassidy. TOO CUTE! Hugs, Bev

Anonymous said...

hey Leanne! Love the Santa Image it is so nostalgic! And look at that cutie playing too! Where does the time go? She must be SO much fun these days! Have a great weekend!