Sunday, November 25, 2012

Paper Players 123 and IB51

DSCF1101-001

Happy Sunday everyone!  It’s time for the Paper Players again, and the talented Jaydee has an awesome sketch for us this week:

Love it!  I was perusing some challenge blogs last week and the Inspired By photo caught my eye:

I thought the image would be fun to interpret for a birthday card for my “little” brother, who is turning 50 in a week or so!!!  He’s an engineer and I thought the graphics in the papers and images I used would appeal to him:

DSCF1100

I had a blast making this!  I used River Rock ink and cardstock, which I rarely use, so it was fun to pull it out and dust it off!  I used some Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 papers, stamping the numbers and the row of pencils (they’re a bit hard to see), in Stazon and River Rock inks,  and then using a hexagon diecut for the sentiment panel.  SU’s Itty Bitty Banners provided the sentiment and banner diecut, as well as the numbers from Timeless Type (retired). 

DSCF1101

I know he will be fascinated by these hexagons; he often likes to examine my stamping and diecutting tools and punches…that engineering brain of his, I guess! 

I hope you’ll play along with us this week using Jaydee’s sketch!  There are lots of possibilities for this one!  Share it with us over at the Paper Players blog….can’t wait to see what you create!

Friends of my daughter’s made Cassidy some Pilgrim hat cookies last week.  A striped fudge cookie was turned upside down, frosted in chocolate and had a chocolate-coated marshmallow stuck on top.  The girls then piped a little band of icing around the bottom of the marshmallow to make a hat band.  They were really cute, but Cassidy was not quite sure how to go about eating it.  She knew how to eat the cookie, but I am not sure she had ever eaten a marshmallow before!  By the time she was done, there was more chocolate on her than on the cookie! 

DSCF1048

DSCF1056

DSCF1067

DSCF1070

Yum!  Enjoy your day!

14 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

LeAnne, this is awesome for a guy!!! So many wonderful details yet it's not too much for a masculine card. Hope that makes sense! LOL!
Love those hexagons and wish I'd ordered them....darn! haha!

Sweet pictures too! Gotta love a chocolate cookie for the mess ;)

Laurel said...

Oh I really love your card! Love that paper and those hexagons! Thanks for playing along at Inspired By!

Lisa Kind said...

I love this card LeAnne! That paper pack is one of my favs! You certainly hit the needle on the head with this photo and that paper! Beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic design and card LeAnne, so creative just like Miss Mucky Hands.

Nance Leedy said...

LOVE it! Your project is the perfect take on the inspiration piece. Love the sentiment panel with the hexagon dies (why don't we have those at SU?!) The colors are fab and I'm sure it will keep your engineer brother guessing!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, LeAnne! What a fabulous card! The paper, the pencils, the boldness are perfect for an engineer! Great colors, too!

Marisa said...

Perfect for an engineer turning 50 :) Love the pops of black and of course the very striking 5-0. Sure he will love it!

Linda said...

OH great card! Love all the lines, color and texture created by the paper. Very cool.
Did she ask for another one when she was done? I would eat the cookie and toss the marshmallow unless I could toast it. LOL Love her chocolate hand. Yumm!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous, I luv this...sweet photo too!

enjoy *~*

Bonnie said...

I need to remember these dies when I do birthday cards! I love the age on the card!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colors of it and adore this sketch. Will have to give it a go soon.

irishgalkelly said...

Hi LeAnne! This is a fantastic card! I love these colors together with the pop of black. This is very fresh and new looking. Hope your brother enjoys his milestone! Cassidy's pictures are too funny! What a great idea for Thanksgiving cookies.

H2 :) said...

Oh, WOW, LeAnne! Love the retro colour palette, the range of prints & all the interesting layers. The graph paper layer with the vintage looking numbers & those stacked pencils made me swoon! ♥ Fabulous card for your brother's special celebration!

Amy White said...

What a fabulous card for your brother LeAnne! Love the mix of patterns with the masculine colour scheme perfect for a man!