Sunday, November 18, 2012

Paper Players 122

DSCF0919

Happy Sunday, everyone!  It’s time for another Paper Players challenge, and this week, I am the hostess with a clean and simple challenge to use gold or silver on your project!  All the details are on the Paper Players blog, as well as a design team call!!  So you need to rush on over there to see what’s happening and get all the news!

So of course, since I have Christmas on the brain, I went with SU’s pretty Star Tree, stamped in Versamark on Brushed Gold cardstock and embossed with Gold Glory embossing powder:

PP122-LeAnne

This is a really simple layout, just an oval, backed with some Champagne Glimmer paper, mounted on an embossed panel.  I found some wide satin and organdy ribbon in my stash that matched my Very Vanilla paper perfectly, so I adhered a piece across the center and popped up my focal image.  Finally, a small Christmas sentiment from Sweet N Sassy was diecut with the Itty Bitty Banners die and adhered to the image.  I just love the effect of the gold embossing on the gold paper!

DSCF0915-001

Please play along with us this week and share your gold or silver creations!  You can see all the designers’ creations at the Paper Players blog!  If you  have any questions, please feel free to email me!

Recently, Cassidy discovered my “box o’ ribbons”!  Oh what a mess! 

DSCF0648

DSCF0642

DSCF0652

DSCF0633

We had a bit of a dilemma when she didn’t want to put them back….but we persevered, and after a nap (and after she knew she would not be able to watch her favorite DVD!), she put them all away!

15 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

LeAnne, I love how the embossing looks too! Gold is a colour that freaks me out. I can never seem to work with it. You've inspired me to give it a go again today! I'll dig into my drawer and pull out the gold ep!!!
What a SWEET picture of her showing off the ribbon! Was that her favourite of the bunch? hehe...cute!

Linda said...

What a beautiful card. I love how your background embossing also showed off the pretty gold tree.

You're a good grandma.....

Linda said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne! Love that you did it in gold!
Oh my some drama at your house. A good nap and no DVD perfect solution. I love her hair cut. She is really looking more like a little girl than a baby girl. So very cute!

jengd said...

Purty! :) Lovin' the embossed background with the heat embossed gold. As for the ribbons... ummm... at least you know what's in the box now? :)

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card - so classy! And I have a similar ribbon collection - I'm with Cassidy - I hate to put them back when I dump them out :)

Patti said...

Beautiful LeAnne. I love heat embossing and the gold on gold is so elegant.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Beautiful! Gold really gives the card a rich look.
I need you to come and show Micah how to put stuff away.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, firstly.... I love those pics of Cassidy in the ribbon box. What fun she must have had!

Now... I love your card. That tree looks stunning in gold and I love that the embossed background echoes the tree.
Gorgeous
Hugs
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love the champagne glimmer paper behind the oval. It adds the perfect sparkle to a perfect card!

Darlene Gabriel said...

LeAnne I love this card........so elegant! The gold and champagne glimmer on the Very Vanilla is wonderful.
What fun to play with all that ribbon. Who wouldn't want to get their hands into all that. So glad she decided to do the right thing and put them all away;)

Ruth Ann V. said...

What an elegant card!
You are a good Grammy, stick to your words..Cassidy willl always respect you!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Nance Leedy said...

Embossing on gold cardstock kicks it up a notch from gorgeous to STUNNING! Love that tree (why don't I have it?!) and it is absolutely perfect centered on all that vanilla lusciousness!

Bonnie said...

So elegant, LeAnne! Aren't ribbons fun!

H2 :) said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! The gold on gold layering is so elegant & all that embossing is fabulous! Thank you for such an inspiring challenge. Cute shots of Cassidy too ♥ :)

Amy White said...

Wonderfully elegant card LeAnne! Love the gold embossing on the gold card with the scalloped glittery layer - and the embossed background is so pretty!