Sunday, December 12, 2010

Paper Players Challenge 28 & PPA72

DSCF2094

This week, the Paper Players have a little gift for you---you get to pick your own color combination!  Yes, that’s the challenge!  Choose a favorite color combo and make a card or project, then share it over on the Paper Players blog

I absolutely could not come up with ANY favorites…I have too many!  But when I saw the Pals Paper Arts inspiration photo this week, I have to admit, I was influenced:

PALS72

I think gold & silver for the holidays is just so special!  So I got out some MS glitter, my Heat & Stick powder and Mr Dasher and some snowflakes and went to work.  Now, in my mind, this was going to look like something else…but after putting so much time into it, I just couldn’t “dash” it into the trash…..so here we go:

DSCF2093

It’s a shame that you can’t see the sparkle and glittery-ness of it, you’ll just have to take my word for it!  It’s sparkly!  I used a heat tool to crinkle my organdy ribbon and added some gold & silver threads to the knot.  Now I hope you can play along too---and be sure to hop over to the Paper Players blog to see the others’ creations as well!

DSCF2095

  • Stamps:  Dasher, Northern Hearts, Come to Bethlehem, Winter Post
  • Paper:  Brushed Silver, Very Vanilla
  • Ink:  Versamark, Gold Encore
  • Acc:  Heat & Stick Powder, MS Glitter, Nesties, Glimmer Brads, Nesties, Organdy Ribbon, Gold & Silver Embroidery Thread, Heat Tool

19 comments:

Linda said...

BEAUTIFUL!! So very elegant.

jaydee said...

LeAnne, this is my favorite card this week. It is GORGEOUS. You have just the right mix of the metallics. The three glimmer brads are the perfect accessory and I love what you did with the ribbon. All round - stunning.
Which tag die did you use for your sentiment? I love it
hugs
jaydee

Christina said...

This card just stopped me in my tracks when I saw it over at Paper Players! I'm sure it is even more gorgeous in person with all of the sparkle! I'll have to give gold and silver a try!

Ann said...

Absolutely stunning! WOW!

Patti said...

Love all the glitter. And Dasher better stay out of the woods with all that sparkle. Lovely card.

Denise Willerton said...

I love this card LeAnne ~ hope you have a great day! TFS, enjoy your Christmas prep!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, I just have one word "sparkly goodness"...oops, that is actually two words, I guess. :) Dasher is dressed up perfectly and the ribbon is gorgeous! I love it!

Ann Schach said...

Stunning! I adore the ribbon/sentiment treatment...so unique and creative. Your cards are always fabulous!

Kathy Martin said...

How beautiful! LOVE the glitter! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Absolutely beautiful, LeAnne! Love what you've done with the glitter snowflakes and Dasher is as handsome as ever. Fabulous, my friend!

Elizabeth Price said...

I love the use of the mixed metals. Your card is my favorite of all those posted in the challenge. It's so pretty and just totally fabulous.

Hands On said...

So very pretty. Love the embossed snowflakes and what could be more pretty then your crinkled ribbon and silver threads. Just love it!

Peggy said...

Lovely card. Where did you get the strip used for the sentiment? That is very clever. {Hugs} Peggy
Stampnmore@aol.com

mudmaven said...

WOW - this might just be the most gorgeous card I have seen this season! Stunning doesn't come close - so elegant and, and, and WOW! ~chris

Linda Callahan said...

Hello Gorgeous! This is terrific!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOWWWWW, seriously GORGEOUS!!

Stampin' Diva said...

Gorgeous!! Love everything about it. Dasher looks perfect all glittery. Thanks for playing along with us at Pals Paper Arts!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I can totally see the sparkle glittery-ness of it! Wow! Fantastic.

Tammy Hershberger said...

BEAUTIFUL design, LeAnne! This is a stunner!