Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas wishes

DSCF4059

Kathy Martin, who is just the sweetest blogger ever, offered this SWEET little vintage postcard free on her blog!  I snagged it the instant I found it and used it to make a simple card for this week’s Little Red Wagon challenge, which is to use rub-ons:

DSCF4060

I cropped part of the image out that had the sentiment and added my own rub-on sentiment from a retired SU set; I scalloped the bottom edge, added some buttons and glittered both the buttons as well as the scallops.  (I read that in a prior post, Kathy did a similar thing with her buttons!  I guess some of her style is rubbing off on me without my even knowing it!).  The whole image is printed on SU’s Shimmery White paper, which makes it all sparkly:

DSCF4062

I added some rub-ons to the inside as well (I think I need some rub-on practice; we have a little crookedness going on):

DSCF4063

Thanks for visiting again today!

8 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Oh this card and your sweet e-mail made my day! I love that you made such a darling card with the image! Thank you for your ongoing support of my blog...you are the reason it's so fun!

Susie W. said...

Leann, this is such a sweet card! And, I love all the shimmer :)

Carol L said...

I love the old-fashioned feel of this sweet little card! Quick & easy, and it really sends a warm message!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Very heartful card! Nika

Joanne said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous card!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Regan said...

love all the glitter!!

thanks for playing with LRW

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet! LOVE the extra touches of glitter!