Thursday, December 16, 2010

CAS Christmas

DSCF4023-1

I am winding down on the Christmas cards….just a few more to do.  The embellishment on this one sort of just happened.  I trimmed a piece of Deck the Halls paper to fit the front of my card, and when I flipped over the small piece that remained, the little flourish and partial holly leaf was what was left.  I thought it looked kind of neat---already centered---so I stamped a sentiment from Come to Bethlehem on another scrap, punched it out with my extra-large oval punch and trimmed off the bottom edge to line up against the line on the DP….it sort of looks as if it’s tucked down in there, doesn’t it? I added a scallop oval of another scrap, sponging everything, and layering it behind.  Oh, do you want to see the card?  Here it is!

DSCF4022

I cut out a piece of holly and popped it up; the final embellishment was some pearls that I colored with Copic RV99…a fairly good match for the DP.  Here’s the inside:

DSCF4024

Thanks for visiting!

  • Stamps:  Come to Bethelem
  • Paper:  Sahara Sand, Deck the Halls DP
  • Ink:  Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler
  • Acc:  Pearls, Copics, Extra Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Daubers

133_5014

9 comments:

Linda said...

Oh what a cutie. She has the best smile ever.
I like your card too. I have that paper pack. How many cards do you send? You have been making them all year. I think I might like to do that this coming year but I don't send that many. Christmas cards are my favorite cards to make.

mudmaven said...

Love those serendipitous things that happen sometimes when we are creating! This is gorgeous. ~chris

Unknown said...

beautiful and elegant card!!!
I like the papers that you used

...and of course I like the beautiful and sweet baby, lovely!!

Shelley said...

Interesting. You are winding down and I've hardly begun! Hey, I'm just glad I've got some mojo left! I like this card a lot...got to love those happy accidents!

Patti said...

Very pretty card. What fantastic dsp. It's so versatile. Adorable picture of your little cutie.

Carol L said...

You need to post Cassidy's photos first, because after I see that sweet little face, I've completely forgotten all about the card! LOL
Don't you just love how that piece of DP stole the show without even trying? Looks fabulous!

dpkennedy said...

Oh LeAnne! Your cards as so elegant! This is just gorgeous!

ddsharp50 said...

Your little granddaughter is just the Cutest!!! I've been meaning to tell you, I really enjoy seeing her happy face in your blogs.
I thought this card was great, too. Thanks for all your neat ideas.--Diane

Tammy Hershberger said...

Hello, cute smiley girl!!!

Beautiful card, LeAnne!