Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Color Throwdown #121

DSCF0031

I have been neglecting my Color Throwdown teammates, much to my dismay, but when I saw Kristin’s colors today, I knew I wanted to play!  Here they are:

swatch 121

I do love my blues!  I got some lovely Melissa Frances Home for the Holidays DP (thanks to my enabler, Bar!) and thought the subdued colors would work well with the challenge!  Here’s my vintage Santa from Flourishes:

DSCF0032

I stamped him right on the DP with Chocolate Chip and stamped some greetings from Crafty Secrets’ Vintage Christmas in Marina Mist.  In an effort to make my Bashful Blue “vintagey”, I stamped it with a script image from CHF, then sponged it with various shades of ink, which eventually turned it a nice Baja Breeze color---not the right color for the challenge, but I wasn’t about to change it!  I added some MS glitter, a button, and then I took a SU Glimmer brad, covered it with Crystal Effects and dipped it into the glitter too!  When it FINALLY dried, I stuck it to the button with a couple of glue dots!  Done!  I can’t say that I am 100% sure about this card…my mojo seems to have really been missing lately, so hopefully it will be back soon.  I do love these vintage images and enjoy playing with them so much!  I hope you can find the time to play along with the CTD girls too!  Just hop on over to their blog and show off your stuff!

I haven’t had a chance to take any pix of the baby lately, but I thought you might enjoy this one from last week. This is my “baby” brother holding her; the enormous creature trying to “kiss” her is my niece’s brindle Great Dane….this dog is HUGE!  You can see he comes up to Raymond’s shoulder!   Cassidy hasn’t quite warmed up to Grover yet…..I think it will take a little time!

100_4934

Thanks for visiting!!

DSCF0034

  • Stamps:  Santa-I Believe, Flourishes; Vintage Christmas, Crafty Secrets; Night Before Christmas, CHF; Snowy Woods, Artistic Outpost
  • Paper:  Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Home for the Holidays, Melissa Frances
  • Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, River Rock
  • Acc:  Northern Frost Diecut, MS Glitter, Glimmer Brad, Crystal Effects

14 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous card! There is not a thing wrong with your mojo...trust me! And who needs a pony when you have a Great Dane!

Broni said...

See! These colors whispered Christmas to you too! LeAnne, this is just the perfect "vintagy" card! I love everything about it, from the wonderful Santa image, to the subdued background stamping, to the added sparkle! LOVE IT!! And I can't believe the size of that Great Dane! He's beautiful, but not as beautiful as little Cassidy!!

Lynn Put said...

This is FABULOUS Leanne!!! I love how you combined all of these wonderful vintage looking images together to create this beauty!

Carol L said...

Your card is gorgeous, and I love the colors! The dog must be a GRAND dane, because he sure is a whopper!!! WOW!!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness. I love this card. I am going to copy this one. I don't have the same stamps but I have some ideas.
Cassidy looks like she it letting that Great Dane know who is top dog. So cute!

Elaine M said...

LOVE the colors and images you used on this card! Just beautiful!

That's a fantastic pic of the baby - she's really giving the dog an examination - she's probably wondering if this is a pony from Santa - ha

Darlene Gabriel said...

Gorgeous card. I think you did a perfect job making this a vintage card. I like the snowflake you added and what a glittery brad - love it. Your granddaughter is adorable.

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! Love the mix of vintage images and you did this color combo proud! Love Cassidy's look--she is so NOT sure about the dog!

Jayne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Leanne and your kind words. I can't help but comment here too as this card is just beautiful!

Denise Willerton said...

love love love absolutely EVERYTHING about this card LeAnne ~ and Cassidy is adorable as always!

Laura Pryor said...

Love this vintage beauty! Gorgeous as always, LeAnne!

Kristin Eberline said...

LeAnne this is sooo pretty! Love the vintage feel and how you stamped the snowman on the patterned paper. Beautiful Christmas card, girlie, and even more beautiful grandbaby ♥ Love that photo!

Patti said...

I love this Santa face. The use of the blues really makes this a special card.

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this turned out GORGEOUS! Makes me want to go dig out my Flourishes Santa stamp and CASE it!