Monday, December 6, 2010

CAS96 & CCEE1048

DSCF2030-1

Just a quick little post this morning with my clean & simple card for today’s SCS challenge, which is to use bows…..hmmm, does a ribbon tied with thread make a bow? Probably not, but this guy’s so cute, I entered him anyway!

DSCF2029

This is a 3 1/2 x 5” card which once had a different image on the front----a bunch of women from my church had gotten together to stamp some cards for a retreat, and this particular card didn’t make it because the sentiment was just too crooked….so I put it aside and finally repurposed it today! (It is also not the orange color that it looks here---it is a pretty Riding Hood Red, and try as I may, I cannot get the color to be true!) I ripped off the panel, added a new one along with a little country snowman image (both from Purple Onion Designs), added my faux bow and my cas card was done! This also qualifies for the CCEE1048 challenge--to use a snowman! TFL today---hoping to get some cookies made……well, maybe just the dough! We’ll see how DGD will cooperate!

DSCF2030

  • Stamps: Merriment, Happy Holidays Noteblock
  • Paper: WW, Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Ruby Red Patterns
  • Ink: Stazon, Craft White, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
  • Acc: Aquapainter, Markers, Glitter, Ribbon, Dimensionals, Daubers, Linen Thread

9 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such a darling little snowman - love it!!!

Rose said...

Your snowman is adorable, LeAnne!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

OMG.. that is so cute..and its so simple at the same time.. great job!

Kathy Martin said...

Darling! You did a fabulous job coloring your snowman! :)

Linda said...

This really is a darling snowman! RR does come out like orange for me too. The RR ribbon I have is kinda orange. I can picture how red it must be. I spent an hour at the camera store today talking to a young man about getting the color right. I have been there many times and have learned a lot but still can't get it right.

veronica said...

very cute.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a sweet snowman image LeAnne! Such a great design! :D

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

SO cute! The tiny snowman is adorable! LeAnne, you always create such wonderful projects. :)