Sunday, December 5, 2010

Paper Players Challenge 27

DSCF2001

Yippee!  I was able to play with my Paper Players team today; and I just realized that almost every card I’ve been making, I’ve used my little SU tinsel on the ribbon----I am STUCK on it, I guess!  Our theme today is CHRISTMAS!!!  No difficulty with that!  This card was my club card for November and I realized I hadn’t posted it.  It is quite an easy technique to do, a little time-consuming, but very elegant once it’s completed:

DSCF2002

The Christmas Collage background stamp was stamped on SU’s vellum cardstock ( a heavier weight) in Craft White ink, then heated with a heat tool so that it was completely dry—that’s a step you don’t want to rush.  You don’t want any smudges!!  We flipped the vellum over on the back once it was dry and colored the areas we wanted to highlight with markers….this particular card used Cherry Cobbler and Wild Wasabi; I also used Real Red, Old Olive, Handsome Hunter and Riding Hood Red, but I liked this one the best.  Once the coloring was completed, we stamped the sentiment from Come to Bethlehem in Cherry Cobber ink in the open area, then mounted the vellum panel on a Crumb Cake card and added our ribbon and tinsel, then rounded the bottom edges.  So I wouldn’t have adhesive showing from the front, I cut my cardstock to 4 1/4” x  6 1/2”, then folded back the additional 1” and adhered it to the back of my card.  The ribbon keeps it anchored as well.

DSCF0050-1

DSCF0051-1

The markering on the back will look messy, but when you flip it over, it is beautiful!  Just make sure you have a dark surface on which to work, so as to see your white pattern more clearly!

Why don’t you show us your latest Christmas creation?  I had lots of ideas in my head and just not enough time to make them…..maybe in the coming days?!  Hop on over to the Paper Players blog to see what the other designers came up with, and play with us too!

131_4974

Later, alligator!

19 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ooohhh LeAnne, this is lovely! I don't use my background stamps nearly enough and this technique really highlights it. Absolutely lovely!

Wendie said...

Love this card. The color comes across so nice, without covering up the detail (as does happen when you color this image from the top). You could also use white Staz On ink. Thanks for the inspiration and the darling baby pictures!

Ann said...

LeAnne, this is a stunner! Love the stamping on vellum, and the tinsel is the perfect finishing touch!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!

Lesley said...

This is elegant and classy LeAnne. I love this clever technique you have used and need to try it! What type of vellum did you use? I am happy you got the chance to join us this week!!!
Hugs!
Lesley

SherryBee said...

WOW!!! What a beautiful card! This is the best use of this stamp that I have seen! Thank you for sharing!

Martha said...

Yippee! I'm first!

LeAnne, this is just awesome and gorgeous, in every way. I must try this technique! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with everyone.

Love and blessings, Martha

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, LeAnne! I love the white on the vellum!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne this is so gorgeous! I love the technique you shared and can't wait to try it out. The effect is so elegant, especially with that stamp. I love the combo of Cherry Cobbler and Wild Wasabi, too! (Although I think Cherry Cobbler looks great with anything...I love that color!) :)

Nikki Bond said...

This is gorgeous....I always forget about embossing on vellum...Love th effect with this stamp! {SMILES}

Hands On said...

I just love the technique for this card. It adds a serious WOW factor to a simple card! No worries about the tinsel. I can't stop making my chocolate ornaments due to the tinsel!

Denise Willerton said...

first of all ~ Cassidy, you're so so cute!!! and then LeAnne, your card is absolutely amazing! I really want to try this technique....time is a factor for me at this point! TFS

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my word, this is soo pretty! I am stunned every time you use this technique. It is gorgeous. I've got to try it! Wonderful use of that BG stamp. {hugs}

Nance Leedy said...

p.s. so good to have you back with us this week--I've missed you!

Elaine M said...

Ohohohohohohoh! Wow what a lovely card - I never thought about vellum.

What a sweet smile the kidlet has today - you couldn't help but have a good day with that little dumpling around.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous and so elegant LeAnne! Oh my...could that sweet baby be any cuter! What a doll! :D

Tammy Hershberger said...

SHUT. THE. DOOR! That is GORGEOUS!!!