Friday, December 17, 2010

Mashup Challenge 23

DSCF4021

One of the perks of being a Mashup Maven at Friday Mashup is that you get to be a guest designer!  Woohoo!  So today, the Mashup Challenge is a sketch:

mashup23

and since I need a couple more Christmas cards, I chose to make a vintage scene using the snowman from Jolly Old Saint Nick:

DSCF4019

with some snowflakes from Northern Hearts as my background images…..all in shades of Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Crumb Cake.  I used a blender pen for coloring and shading; a Glimmer brad to attach my sentiment, which was colored using a Chocolate Chip marker, then punched with the Modern Label punch.  The final embellishment is some VV seam binding and Tinsel trim….I just can’t seem to get away from that stuff!

DSCF4021-1

I do hope you’ll stop by the Friday Mashup challenge blog and play along…they’re fairly new, so show them some love!

  • Stamps:  Jolly Old Saint Nick, Northern Hearts
  • Paper:  VV, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Deck the Halls DP
  • Ink:  Stazon, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke
  • Acc:  Scallop Trim Border & Corner Punches, Glimmer Brad, Blender Pen, MS glitter, 1” Circle Punch, Dimensionals, VV Seam Binding, Tinsel

And here’s a little something for you to smile at:

133_5023

13 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so glad I bought this set! Thanks for another beautiful & awesome way to use it!

Nance Leedy said...

Wow, you rocked this LeAnne! Love this color combo with the snowman--the perfect vintage look. Cassidy is looking so sweet and happy!

Pat said...

Cassidy is such a little doll and her expressions make me smile!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

The Cassidy is a sweet Little angel!!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is so sweet! I love the warm colors you used on this! So pretty!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun snow card LeAnne! love the colors you used - and look at the smile on your sweet GD!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my LeAnne I think Cassidy has your button nose! Merry Christmas!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome card! Love how you did the sentiment and that tinsel is SOOO FUN!

Jean Franks Beck said...

OH, I love the vintage colors and sparkly goodness on this card - so warm and cheery!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my daughter's post - she was thrilled to read them all (I may have created a little blogging monster, letting her get a taste of this wonderful world, LOL!) Merry Christmas to you and yours - have a fabulous "first" with your little angel!

Wendy said...

Cute,cute, cute!! Love this, LeAnne!
Thanks for sharing such adorable pics of Cassidy everyday! She makes me smile!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

How cute, LeAnne! I love that chubby snowman. The glitter highlights are such a cute touch. Adorable!

Ami said...

beautiful!

Tammy Hershberger said...

That is one cute snowman, and I LOVE that tinsel, especially paired with the colors you used. It's a great contrast!