Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Little Christmas Gift

DSCF4122

A quick little card today to go with a little gift I made for my granddaughter…..this is also for the Shabby Tea Room’s challenge 41– a Scandinavian Christmas – as well as the City Crafter Challenge 36, to make a vintage project.  I could have come up with TONS of those—right up my alley!  Anyway, here we go!  This is a little 4 1/4” square card from Very Vanilla and it uses a little Brenda Walton embellishment:

DSCF4121

I cut two snowflakes from the SU Snowflake #11 diecut; smooshed them into my Versamark pad, then embossed them with Iridescent Ice EP, layered them, and topped them off with an In Color Glimmer brad.  A little sentiment from Flourishes on a crimped banner and a MS-punched border finished it.  And here is the gift I made her:

DSCF4124

DSCF4125

I cut two mittens each from felt and some Lugana fabric with my Nestie mitten die and sewed them together.  They actually could hold a little candy cane or sprig of greenery---maybe when she’s a little older!

Thanks for visiting today! 

13 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh, those mittens are DARLING, LeAnne! What a great treasure those will always be to Cassidy!

Bev J. said...

Neat card you made but the mittens are wonderful and will always be a treasured item I am sure.

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, LeAnn! And those mittens are, absolutely, precious! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment!

Elise said...

YOU are the most darling grandmother - ever! Those ornaments are PRICELESS! Fantastic card and love that theme! After this holiday CHAOS is over, I can't wait to get back into crafty CHALLENGE shape! Love you, dear! Happy Holidays!

Ros said...

As cute as can be ... love the card ... Thanks for playing along again at CCCB

Denise Willerton said...

so adorable LeAnne ~ a very Merry Christmas to you and your family :-)

PapierGirl said...

What a great holiday card and those mittens are priceless! What a wonderful keepsake - thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card and those mittens are priceless.

Carol L said...

I can tell that Cassidy has been the love of your life these past few months! You're such a thoughtful grandma to make an heirloom treasure that will be enjoyed for years to come!
Have yourself a very Merry Christmas and I'm so glad I finally got to meet you in person!! ((hugs))

Linda said...

I love this! I have had my eye on that mitten die. So cool that you made her a first Christmas gift. Cassidy is so lucky to have a wonderful Grandma like you.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet, wonderful colors too, thanks for sharing your talent with us at CCCB!

Shirl said...

Those are the sweetest looking mittens! Love the card with the stocking too :))

Just dropping by to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday!

Hugs, Shirl

PetraB said...

Fantastic projects, love the Christmas colours.